Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New AC Series coming May 7!!
[quote pid='14163' dateline='1525647323']
Russell SobieIf the setups are fixed, then much less than half of the sim racing is about setups! One might say ALL of it might actually be about the racing part. The real irony is the setup interface Assetto Corsa is easily the worst car setup interface in any sim I've ever played. Big Grin

Fixed setup races is pretty common, especially in situations where the skill level of the racers is extremely variable... and racing here at SRS is certainly that. Most of us just download the most popular setups off of thesetupmarket and just practice with that until we figure out fuel. So even when it isn't fixed, it's still pretty fixed, and certainly doesn't require understanding and learning them. It helps tho!

[/quote]
Setups are big thing, the actual racing is just simply not a complete picture of racing. I also disagree about AC setup interface not being good, I have the opposite opinion. I think it is best. I would like to see more options, like for example caster, or even having an option to completely change tires, not only compound. But it probably would be too complex for everybody. 

Fixed setups are indeed common because lots of simracers has zero interest in engineering aspect of racing, which i repeat - is a huge part of racing. So naturally those people dislike the idea that some other drivers might gain an advantage because of knowledge in those things. Variety of skill is not an argument against setups, it is an argument in favor for setups, you can not say that being good with setups doesn't help to some slower guys to catch faster guys who are less into technical aspect of racing. 

Perhaps setup market is nice for people who doesn't want to learn making better setups. I have never tried it, but I always found it very enjoyable to discuss setups in forums and chat. Setups are not very valuable comparing to knowledge. 

[quote pid='14198' dateline='1525699963']
Miguel OliveiraThe fixed setup series still available to change:

Tyre Type. You can select all available types.
Fuel Amount
Brake Bias
Brake Power
Traction Control
ABS

Like last Aussiestig´s serie???

Ok... I understand everything else is a bit high tech for most... but tire pressures.... absolutely everyone should be able to set +/- correct tire pressures. I would also leave wheel alignment in. I'd say choosing tyre type is rather useless, ok when you have to choose between soft/hard, but when you have to race with cars with semislick/street tire... you know...

To sum up everything - fixed setups are bad thing, always. Perhaps the only good thing of it must be that you are pretty much prevented to make a setup worse Big Grin
[/quote]

Quick edit: Alfa GTA and F40 aren't fixed setups, so all is good Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
New AC Series coming May 7!! - by simracingsystem - 05-05-2018, 12:36 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Ian Baker - 05-05-2018, 05:06 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Ted Duncan - 05-07-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Alex Leif - 05-05-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Ethan Dean - 05-06-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Mike Waltz - 05-06-2018, 12:36 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Alex Leif - 05-06-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by Glen Grant - 05-06-2018, 06:26 PM
RE: New AC Series coming May 7!! - by James Blint - 05-06-2018, 09:24 PM