Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False start...
SRS should seriously do something about false start. More and more I see drivers from the back of the grid making a false start. It happened for instance today on New Jersey, a driver from P11 started way before everybody else. I had pole position, and he ruined my start. Then he drove through the pits on the next lap, and was still up in 5th place, so he gained 6 positions. My point is that this should be stopped, maybe SRS can do something to prevent his from happening, like a 60 seconds penalty or something. The most of us wants fair racing, but there will always be some immature persons which in lack of driving skills, will try to cheat.
So please SRS, put an end to this.
Regards Erik Hanoy
(05-04-2018, 01:40 PM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  SRS should seriously do something about false start. More and more I see drivers from the back of the grid making a false start. It happened for instance today on New Jersey, a driver from P11 started way before everybody else. I had pole position, and he ruined my start. Then he drove through the pits on the next lap, and was still up in 5th place, so he gained 6 positions. My point is that this should be stopped, maybe SRS can do something to prevent his from happening, like a 60 seconds penalty or something. The most of us wants fair racing, but there will always be some immature persons which in lack of driving skills, will try to cheat.
Regards Erik Hanoy
Protest these guys...
a real time penalty instead of just a drive trough would be great, yes
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Did you use the protest form?
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=721
Its the best way to "educate people".
The protest form seems like the best option for this. The current in-game penalty of a drive through is fine as most people I see who false start do it by accident and then wait for the rest of the grid to start before they carry on driving.
(05-04-2018, 01:40 PM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  SRS should seriously do something about false start. More and more I see drivers from the back of the grid making a false start. It happened for instance today on New Jersey, a driver from P11 started way before everybody else. I had pole position, and he ruined my start. Then he drove through the pits on the next lap, and was still up in 5th place, so he gained 6 positions. My point is that this should be stopped, maybe SRS can do something to prevent his from happening, like a 60 seconds penalty or something. The most of us wants fair racing, but there will always be some immature persons which in lack of driving skills, will try to cheat.
Regards Erik Hanoy

Obviously, the perpetrator doesn't care about who protests and does it just to see if he can get away with it ............all disregard for respect and honor. Was in the same race or one just like it.
Protest and he will get banned.
(05-04-2018, 02:47 PM)Its pointless for me to protest, I drive in VR, so its not possible to get the names showing.I have tried several times, same answet from SRS every time, «name not showing»....Ant hints about how to get names showing on the replay? Wrote:  you use the protest form?
[quote='Erik Hanoy' pid='14099' dateline='1525507464']
[quote='Its pointless for me to protest, I drive in VR, so its not possible to get the names showing.I have tried several times, same answet from SRS every time, «name not showing»....Ant hints about how to get names showing on the replay?' pid='14037' dateline='1525445242']

Start the replay in Non VR mode (single monitor) ... Then Ctrl +L tó show the names ... Make the video for the protest
(05-05-2018, 08:04 AM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  
(05-04-2018, 02:47 PM)Its pointless for me to protest, I drive in VR, so its not possible to get the names showing.I have tried several times, same answet from SRS every time, «name not showing»....Ant hints about how to get names showing on the replay? Wrote:  you use the protest form?

I'm in VR too.....it's a bit complicated but as Laszlo told you, its possible. I've submitted 2 protest forms last week and both got success.