Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incident average
I do not know if it can be done, but it would be really helpful to know what incident average number the racer we are racing when we are on the server have. I can see in the standings, some racer with a lot of points but with very high incident average, numbers above 2, even 5, one has 8. I will try to remember the name of those driver and stay far away from them on the track, as for sure we do not have the same vision of fair racing.
I won't mind stay close and race someone with a low incident average number, as he most likely will race fair and not do anything stupid. Like wise, in the  future, if we can be grouped, I would rather race with driver faster than me, but low incident average number, than racers with my speed but High incident average number.
Just a thought.
Existing system seems very basic though, skid off the track and hit a wall, have a slight side by side rub with someone, have a collision or drive the wrong way down the track and intentionally take someone out all = 1 incident ( and not just for the person committing the offence). How about some sort of weighting i.e. skid of the track and hit a barrier then * 0.1, driving the wrong direction and colliding then * 5 (and only for the person driving the wrong way), is this possible with the data?

What about combining SRS and minorating?

Also I don't think there are enough racers to segregate the servers at the moment but the minimum should be to exclude (at least for a period of time) those who intentionally crash.
The system works just fine, let me guess you are over 2. and you are saying skid off the track and hit a wall, have a slight side by side rub with someone should not count as one full incident.
This is exactly why I would like to know how much average incident the other driver on the track have, because I do not want to rub on the track, I want clean and patient passing, with respect, and in my book if you hit a wall, just one incident is not enough, you should be stopped from racing or at least black flagged and go back to the pit.
One thing for sure Scottie, I will remember your name and leave you plenty of room to do what ever you do when you race on a server.
On the other hand, I will be delighted to have a close race with someone who is trying to avoid contact and that I can trust will respect my space on the track as I will respect his.
Look at the top 20 in global standing, every body is below 2, a majority is even below 1 in Incident average.
The system works, those are the one you want to race on a server.
Ok thanks for the friendly response, I'll be happy to avoid you too, no probs on that score.

It's not rocket science to understand why the top 20 have lower incidents, that doesn't mean everyone over 2 (I'm 2.3 by the way, well done) is a dirty racer. Btw it's very easy to scrape a wall on some tracks, Zandvoort for instance, hardly a reason to black flag someone.

I've seen racers with 6 incidents win, chat afterwards has been along the lines of great race from those involved, there's probably been a few minor contacts at corners etc. nothing that isn't part and parcel of many real life races.

Thanks for offering to leave me plenty of room, 3 car lengths behind should be about right.