Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Track Guides?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
96.88%
62 96.88%
No
3.13%
2 3.13%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Guides
Information 
Hey All,

Something I've noticed over the course of the season are people complaining that certain corners or tracks are confusing and difficult. We're lucky here at SRS that people are willing to share their setups, but my question is this,

Would you/do you think people would benefit from slowed down, walkthroughs of tracks? This could help people get faster, and help reduce incidents as we have less people braking 200m short out of fear.

It would be interesting to hear your feedback on this! *There's a poll at the top of this page ^^^^^
I think it's a good idea. At the moment what I do is study other drivers during quali. *Click their name on timing screen. And save replays and watch other drivers. You've been a victim of that Smile
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
This is a brilliant idea. Even with tracks I do well on and have a lot of experience with there is always that 1 corner that I can never get right and a slowed down walkthrough would be a massive help.

Of course I have also learned from watching and speaking with a few aliens that the optimal real life line through a corner isn't the best/fastest line for AC's physics model Smile
Wow, who's the big jerk that voted no? Big Grin

I've gleaned a number of great track-specific tips from watching various track guides on youtube when the track and car combo is at least somewhat similar. Of particular note are the ones posted by Driver61 where he goes on and on about every corner on a circuit.

If we had our resident aliens posting guides with the ACTUAL car/track combo for a week of races, that'd be super cool.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
That would be cool, Russell. Unfortunately all the aliens are busy either racing or staring at the results screen while rubbing their nipples Big Grin
Unfortunatly one of the weak point of AC are the replay. You cannot learn so much from them, mostly there's a wheel wobbling and on/off pedals.

It would be a great idea to have a guide at least for the few tricky corners that require a specific technique, like the Andretti hairpin, VIR's hog pen, etc..but can depend a lot on the car as well. For example Corckscrew i would say it's a different approach with a C7R, and say a 911 GT3.
pretty good idea!
Very good idea. It is usual to see these track guides + setup + hotlap on Youtube.
Personally I use a lot of YouTube for circuits that I do not know or when I can not reduce my time.
(05-02-2018, 04:44 AM)James Blint Wrote:  Unfortunatly one of the weak point of AC are the replay. You cannot  learn so much from them, mostly there's a wheel wobbling and on/off pedals.

It would be a great idea to have a guide at least for the few tricky corners that require a specific technique, like the Andretti hairpin, VIR's hog pen, etc..but can depend a lot on the car as well. For example Corckscrew i would say it's a different approach with a C7R, and say a 911 GT3.

I think track guides would be a great idea. As James says the replays aren't always that accurate, I find especially watching other people's braking it's either on/off so you lose any info on more subtle movements.

Also as James says, different cars will require wholly different techniques. For me rather than tracks I'd prefer car-specific guides, as I quite enjoy learning a track myself, but some cars I know I'm simply driving them wrong. Even a rough and ready "aero" / "non-aero" guide would be great, as I generally suck with the latter!
I would love too see this too, if some body was selling and able to spend the time and do this for car and track combos this would be amazing and very much appreciated.