Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Modena Fast, a ridiculous track...
New to AC and SRS. Ran one race at Bridgehampton, I think. Lots of AI races there though. FUN!

What I've learned so far is that AC might, I say might, keep me from renewing with iRacing.

Early in the week two of my first three Modena Fast races had me pining for iRacing but the remainder of the week went pretty well. Well enough that I might let their current 30% off offer lapse - again.

One thing I wonder about here is whether the SRS servers are using minorating? It seems not and, if not, why not?

It seems there are more than a few "racers," jumping into these races with little, if any, preparation for the car and track combo. They just wanna race. I imagine their experience level is such that they've mainly raced AI on fairly easy settings and have become accustomed to being able to make gross errors, or even crash, and still catch up with the leaders. Of course in really good HI (Human Intelligence lol) races that's just not possible.

With minorating set to ABCN that would help yes?

BTW my rating is nearly 300 with an incident average of 1.4. Not bad for someone that starts mid pack at best and always loses several positions on the first lap. Before the first turn usually lol.

Generally I'm very safe to go wheel to wheel with. A 500 or higher minimum requirement would have shut me out of this series. Where would I have gained rating if not in this, a beginner series?

Maybe one thing that might help is a message of the day popup suggesting that those new to online racing should get up to speed on a given car track combo before venturing online.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modena Fast, a ridiculous track... - by Mick Isted - 04-26-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: Modena Fast, a ridiculous track... - by John Burrowes - 04-30-2018, 06:04 AM