Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Modena Fast, a ridiculous track...
I think that track suits quite well for this car.
Thruxton was worse . Pedal to metal almost the full lap with this high aero car and evereybody felt themselves very fast cause slipstream...and a lot of racing accident
And someones cheated in Qualification ...
If you race with grids of less than 12 cars it's fine, otherwise it's actually a challenge
I tend to find most of the chaos is at the first two hairpins - especially the 2nd because the pack is bunched up after the first hairpin. e: and you're really limited for room in that 2nd corner compared to the first hairpin.

If a smaller pack isn't possible, is it worth running a rolling start similar to endurance races (where you go at green flag speeds after the apex of the last/2nd-to-last corner so the pack can space out more?
(04-26-2018, 05:21 PM)Josh Martin Wrote:  If you race with grids of less than 12 cars it's fine, otherwise it's actually a challenge
In this serie every first lap is a challenge with full grid no matter which track...
and a lot of blue flagged drivers every track so every race could be very difficult...
Not the tracks fault that not everybody is a genleman driver...and race incidents hapen in close racing...
I was hitted by a blue flagged driver every track in this serie :Smilexcept this one but I will have one race in Modena so ... Smile
(04-24-2018, 08:35 AM)Gergely Mazak Wrote:  I totally agree that Modena isn't really a good fit for the Tatuus but restricting an ongoing serie for drivers above 500 would seem quite unfair against decent drivers below that limit.

My humble opinion is limiting the field size per server (to e.g. 12 cars) would be a better solution:
1. Less drivers = less chance for carnage
2. Server1 would most likely have all drivers above rating 500

This. Excellent idea.

People sounding off about 'new drivers' ruining their racing makes me chuckle.

We 'all' were new.  Give them a break.  jeesh.
New to AC and SRS. Ran one race at Bridgehampton, I think. Lots of AI races there though. FUN!

What I've learned so far is that AC might, I say might, keep me from renewing with iRacing.

Early in the week two of my first three Modena Fast races had me pining for iRacing but the remainder of the week went pretty well. Well enough that I might let their current 30% off offer lapse - again.

One thing I wonder about here is whether the SRS servers are using minorating? It seems not and, if not, why not?

It seems there are more than a few "racers," jumping into these races with little, if any, preparation for the car and track combo. They just wanna race. I imagine their experience level is such that they've mainly raced AI on fairly easy settings and have become accustomed to being able to make gross errors, or even crash, and still catch up with the leaders. Of course in really good HI (Human Intelligence lol) races that's just not possible.

With minorating set to ABCN that would help yes?

BTW my rating is nearly 300 with an incident average of 1.4. Not bad for someone that starts mid pack at best and always loses several positions on the first lap. Before the first turn usually lol.

Generally I'm very safe to go wheel to wheel with. A 500 or higher minimum requirement would have shut me out of this series. Where would I have gained rating if not in this, a beginner series?

Maybe one thing that might help is a message of the day popup suggesting that those new to online racing should get up to speed on a given car track combo before venturing online.
(04-30-2018, 06:04 AM)John Burrowes Wrote:  New to AC and SRS. Ran one race at Bridgehampton, I think. Lots of AI races there though. FUN!

What I've learned so far is that AC might, I say might, keep me from renewing with iRacing.

Early in the week two of my first three Modena Fast races had me pining for iRacing but the remainder of the week went pretty well. Well enough that I might let their current 30% off offer lapse - again.

One thing I wonder about here is whether the SRS servers are using minorating? It seems not and, if not, why not?

It seems there are more than a few "racers," jumping into these races with little, if any, preparation for the car and track combo. They just wanna race. I imagine their experience level is such that they've mainly raced AI on fairly easy settings and have become accustomed to being able to make gross errors, or even crash, and still catch up with the leaders. Of course in really good HI (Human Intelligence lol) races that's just not possible.

With minorating set to ABCN that would help yes?

BTW my rating is nearly 300 with an incident average of 1.4. Not bad for someone that starts mid pack at best and always loses several positions on the first lap. Before the first turn usually lol.

Generally I'm very safe to go wheel to wheel with. A 500 or higher minimum requirement would have shut me out of this series. Where would I have gained rating if not in this, a beginner series?

Maybe one thing that might help is a message of the day popup suggesting that those new to online racing should get up to speed on a given car track combo before venturing online.
I think MR ABCN wouldn't help and server 1 should be at least MR AB...and we need a Practice server with MR ABCN where the newcomers  (and C grades) can get  the MR AB license quite easily to take part srs server 1 races...

anyway my last race in Modena (full grid) was very intense  cause overlapping and everybody was very gentle when got the blue flag...
(04-26-2018, 05:15 PM)László Nagy Wrote:  I think that track suits quite well for this car.
Thruxton was worse . Pedal to metal almost the full lap with this high aero car and evereybody felt themselves very fast cause slipstream...and a lot of racing accident

I was wondering how P1 did that time.
No politics.... just racing!
(05-02-2018, 01:17 PM)Renso Tejada Wrote:  
(04-26-2018, 05:15 PM)László Nagy Wrote:  I think that track suits quite well for this car.

Quote:I was wondering how P1 did that time.

I take it then, that even accounting for drafting, the time was just too fast?

I did renew with iRacing. With 30% off, and the credits I had stranded there years ago, three months only cost me $5.

Anyway I noticed iRacing is now using some third party anti-cheat plugin(?) I forget the name but it had to be installed - and took about a second for that.

So maybe iRacing had a similar problem with impossibly fast times.
(05-02-2018, 11:04 PM)John Burrowes Wrote:  
(05-02-2018, 01:17 PM)Renso Tejada Wrote:  [quote='László Nagy' pid='13633' dateline='1524762938']
I think that track suits quite well for this car.

Quote:I was wondering how P1 did that time.

I take it then, that even accounting for drafting, the time was just too fast?

I did renew with iRacing. With 30% off, and the credits I had stranded there years ago, three months only cost me $5.

Anyway I noticed iRacing is now using some third party anti-cheat plugin(?) I forget the name but it had to be installed - and took about a second for that.

So maybe iRacing had a similar problem with impossibly fast times.

In Thruxton some people cut the last chicane with full throttle in the quali...This lap was ivalid but they started their next lap with much more speed...So they could gain at least half a second but I think it was much more...I saw that several times but they aren't the fastest guys...

In Iracing almost everybody cut the tracks and turn wider where no incidents count...For example Interlagos last turn...so if you are competitive  you hav to turn wider too...