Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Qualify before Racing
Have to say I agree with you Russell.

I think we need to post more incident reports, even if some of them come back as racing incidents, if the same people keep getting reported then they will end up being warned / banned.
I think the problem isnt with people being slower per se but more with people not knowing how to race properly.
I dont have any problem with someone thats 3 seconds slower than me as long as he respects the racing rules.
Now what I do see allot are people that are slower trying to make up for it by braking too late, not giving any room by constantly changing lines or ignoring blue flags. I think racing with other people on track is an art form and being able to overtake with as little to no contact can be hard but this is something you need to learn over time. The only way you will ever be able to learn this is to start with respecting your opponent and having some patience. In the end I think you're not supposed to be on SRS if you're not able or willing to follow the racing rules.
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
Probably in another thread on these forums, but I can promise you that anyone that does not belong on the track here at SRS is absolutely not reading these forums. Your words of advise are correct, Sebastiaan, but as they say, you are preaching to the converted.

My most recent incident was with someone who actually has PMs disabled on the forums. There's zero chances he reads these forums. I can't even communicate with him in a courteous fashion to let him know he boned up and why... so all I can do is record a replay and report him. It is likely the only way these folks are going to get the message.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
The problem with reporting is that there seems to a backlog with processing... Most recently I reported incidents on April 8th and April 15th, still waiting for a response. The discouraging effect of reports is probably diminished if punishment comes two weeks after the incident. I mean, if it takes two weeks of "racing" like an idiot before you get a ban, a person who finds enjoyment in crashing into people can just re-register under different name every two weeks....

And, if people report more, the backlog will only grow.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
If there is a backlog, perhaps a suggestion would be to bring in some volunteer stewards to review incident reports? I'd be happy to take some of the load off if it means a few less crazies out on the track every morning. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-18-2018, 11:46 PM)Iam Jabour Wrote:  To be able to enter a race with a specific car and track you need to pass a mandatory qualify first. Not sure how it would work on the implementation side (more on this at the bottom).
So the idea is simple:
- If you subscribe to a race you have to complete at least 3 hot laps without any fault.
- The 3 laps should not have a delta difference more than X (where X could be something like 3-5sec)
- If you have a fault you are disqualified from the race and have to try again later (like a 3 hours penalty time).

Way too strict and way too complicated (both for setting something like that up and for the players).

iRacing has (or at least had) qualifying sessions separated from the races in some cases. I think that would be a good idea.

You can qualify whenever you like and that's the time that will determine your starting position. When you have no time, you will start at the end of the field.

That way people would be more likely to practice before the race. Of course it's a little draw back for us proper participants.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Agree that with more participants will be easier to create better splits. The main question is how to introduce licenses in a way that can grow with the community.

I believe the majority play for fun, just have to find ways to guide then in the right direction. some kind of rookie category before you can jump into more advanced racing. That is why I started to think about a mandatory qualify.

I know my initial suggestion can be complicated to implement, but based on the noise would be nice to think in a way to guide the rookies and help make the plataform more popular (instead of just flooding the protest forum). it's nice to have options but to have big grids and help people learn race roles it's more important (IMO) to focus the learn process in racing strategy and points instead of having people spending time learn new cars and tracks.

Once the rookie got the basics, we will have a lot of people racing to have fun with and be able to create splits based on time and have close and clean races.

Thank all for the feedbacks so far. very productive.

Btw: I mean blocking people that can do 3 laps with a consistent time, but not blocking him based on lap time. My view is, if you can run 3 or more laps in a consistent way (within a delta of 3 sec or less) you are ready to drive around others (not before it).

In other words to simplify: One mandatory time trail per week, that can be done or repeated at any point during the week. If you dont complete the TT you can't join that week session.
(04-20-2018, 12:41 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Probably in another thread on these forums, but I can promise you that anyone that does not belong on the track here at SRS is absolutely not reading these forums. Your words of advise are correct, Sebastiaan, but as they say, you are preaching to the converted.

My most recent incident was with someone who actually has PMs disabled on the forums. There's zero chances he reads these forums. I can't even communicate with him in a courteous fashion to let him know he boned up and why... so all I can do is record a replay and report him. It is likely the only way these folks are going to get the message.

Yeah im afraid you're right on that one. The only thing left to do then is to report. Now off course not every incident is worth reporting, i think the devs are busy enough as it is.
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012