Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
911 GT3 Cup setup needed
(04-24-2018, 05:46 PM)Marc Neutelings Wrote:  Beste Bram, stop met klagen Big Grin

Op Mugello kom ik niet verder dan 1.54 en een beetje. Mag ik jou setup eens proberen?

Translated for the rest: I asked Bram if i can try his setup for Mugello

Hi, Marc off course you can try my setup(s). Just download the Muggello setup and rename the file  from bram_mugello_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m51s3.ini.txt to bram_mugello_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m51s3.ini and place it in the appropriate Assetto Corsa folder.

I know I'm doing not too bad, but still (like everybody) I would like to improve. I'm just a bit lost on how I can still improve and it would be nice if I could rule out the setup of the car and only focus on driving.

So, any 1:49-1:50 Mugello setup and or help on how to get there is highly appreciated. I was just thinking, I'm still driving at ABS 1. Perhaps I should really try to drive without? Would that make me quicker, given that I'm able to drive a lap without any major lockups.?
Hi Bram,

I'm not the best racer, normally on a good day i can finnish somewhere in the upper top 12. I tried your setup but that didn't work for me. Somehow i had lots of more understeer then with my own setup. I used one from the setup market and fiddled with it. My best time was 1.54.5 ish . Probably has to do something with my seating position. I'm sitting in a chair with my wheel clamped to the desk, not the best way to race and improve but that's just the way it is right now.

somehow i can't really drive the faster setups.....i would love to be faster but having good fights in the middle field gives heaps of joy tooSmile
(04-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Marc Neutelings Wrote:  Hi Bram,

I'm not the best racer, normally on a good day i can finnish somewhere in the upper top 12. I tried your setup but that didn't work for me. Somehow i had lots of more understeer then with my own setup. I used one from the setup market and fiddled with it. My best time was 1.54.5 ish . Probably has to do something with my seating position. I'm sitting in a chair with my wheel clamped to the desk, not the best way to race and improve but that's just the way it is right now.

somehow i can't really drive the faster setups.....i would love to be faster but having good fights in the middle field gives heaps of joy tooSmile

Hi Marc, I think it makes sense that you had more understeer . If I remember correctly I lowered the back a bit more then the front to gain more rear traction. At Mugello I tend to steer the car more on the throttle. But perhaps I should try a more standard setup to see if that helps. I could just have made it worseBig Grin.

Are you loosing time in every sector or just one or two? I think the main difference between a 1:52 and a 1:54 comes down to the following: using all the track you possible can, use a later apex for all corners which lead to a strait.  A little thing that helped me to get more consistent today was; don' t down shift to aggressive while trail braking into a corner. By just delaying the moment you downshift a little you gain stability at the rear.

About you seating position, that sound familiar. I'm using a triple screen setup at my desk with a T300 clamped on top and some modified G25 pedals.

I still hope some of the championship top 20 guys are willing to shed some light on how to be fast with the Porsche. Today, again I was one second of the pace, even though I qualified with a personal record (1:51.2).
Zandvoort was a track that suites me. Possibly because i have driven there myself on trackdays. In the Porsche races i could qualify in the top 10 only 2 seconds from the top. At Mugello it is different, i have trouble in the middle section of the track, i think i lose about 2 seconds there. My back wing is at level 8, only to be a bit faster on the straights. I rarely lose the back end of the car. I think my problem is not getting the apexes right, somehow i'm hesitating to use the curbs to much.....i like my car to "bite" when cornering without getting oversteer. Having these hard tyres doesn't help me either, have trouble keeping them on temperature.

When trying the so called fast setups from the market i tend to be all over the place so mostly they don't work for meSad

And being second is not too bad is it? Big Grin
(04-25-2018, 06:16 PM)Bram Harmsen Wrote:  So, any 1:49-1:50 Mugello setup and or help on how to get there is highly appreciated. I was just thinking, I'm still driving at ABS 1. Perhaps I should really try to drive without? Would that make me quicker, given that I'm able to drive a lap without any major lockups.?

If you are at 1 it means you have the most ABS intervention, that would be 8 if you want the least, but this comes down to how you want the car to behave, you will have harder braking but less possible early turn-in, and eventhough it won't actually lock up at 8 completely, it will behave in a similar way with too much pressure after the attack.

Mugello is one of my problem track and i didn't manage to go in the 1:50 but imo the setup doesn't matter that much besides the basics there, it has more to do on how much leap of faiths in the rear you are willing to take in the throttle exits.
(04-28-2018, 09:10 AM)James Blint Wrote:  
(04-25-2018, 06:16 PM)Bram Harmsen Wrote:  So, any 1:49-1:50 Mugello setup and or help on how to get there is highly appreciated. I was just thinking, I'm still driving at ABS 1. Perhaps I should really try to drive without? Would that make me quicker, given that I'm able to drive a lap without any major lockups.?

If you are at 1 it means you have the most ABS intervention, that would be 8 if you want the least, but this comes down to how you want the car to behave, you will have harder braking but less possible early turn-in, and eventhough it won't actually lock up at 8 completely, it will behave in a similar way with too much pressure after the attack.

Mugello is one of my problem track and i didn't manage to go in the 1:50 but imo the setup doesn't matter that much besides the basics there, it has more to do on how much leap of faiths in the rear you are willing to take in the throttle exits.

Thanks James! I always thought that ABS 1 was the least interference, since its next to OFF. But you are probably right Smile . I just drove a couple laps at 8 and it definitely made a difference. I'm not totally sure if I understand you correctly. You say the ABS setting has more to do with personal preferences then actual pace, i.e. you should be able to do similar laptimes with ABS at any level? Do I also understand you correctly that you say with ABS at 8 (least intervention) you can brake harder/later, but turning in while still on the brakes is more difficult? At which setting do you drive yourself by the way?
(04-28-2018, 09:30 PM)Bram Harmsen Wrote:  
(04-28-2018, 09:10 AM)James Blint Wrote:  

Thanks James! I always thought that ABS 1 was the least interference, since its next to OFF. But you are probably right Smile . I just drove a couple laps at 8 and it definitely made a difference. I'm not totally sure if I understand you correctly. You say the ABS setting has more to do with personal preferences then actual pace, i.e. you should be able to do similar laptimes with ABS at any level? Do I also understand you correctly that you say with ABS at 8 (least intervention) you can brake harder/later, but turning in while still on the brakes is more difficult? At which setting do you drive yourself by the way?
It's not very intuitive in AC but this is the same in some race cars, you want less ABS you dial it up. Btw same applies to TC, lower value in AC means more TC.

In my opinion it's not worth to put ABS completly off when you can enable it, my usual range is 2-5 depending on the circuit, in short if the track forces you to trail brake or hold high pressure in entries, i put more ABS (so lower value in AC), if you feel you can just smash before most corners with the wheels straight, i would put less ABS (this will get you more heat and wear on the front) or you feel confident enough to always brake as if you had no ABS, with just in case the safety net of ABS...

Since you did try it at 8, you should have felt the car want to go straight when you keep braking strong for too long, so yes it's more difficult to turn in if your brake release isn't perfect everytime, you get it in the FFB as well, some kind of more "granular" feel to the brakes (very realistic effect imo). This is usually also something to balance mostly with the brake bias, as it can compensates or not for the car to rotate as much etc..
Hello,
I'm not particularly good at Mugello ( just inconsistent ) but this is the setup I made for the one race I did, good for a 1:50.8 but that was a sloppy lap. I found a setup on the setup marketplace called "SimRaceSetup2" and it is great around tracks like Laguna Seca and Zandvoort. It seems like this car needs a lot of camber to be fast.

Attached Files
.txt   philip_mugello.ini.txt (Size: 669 bytes / Downloads: 34)
is it true that biger value is less effect (ABS, traction control)?
on traction controls are number 1 to x and OFF
(04-29-2018, 07:48 AM)Michal Janak Wrote:  is it true that biger value is less effect (ABS, traction control)?
on traction controls are number 1 to x and OFF

Test it by yourself, put the TC at 8 in a GT3 for example, you ll quickly feel the tail happiness  Smile

High TC (1-2 in AC) can really limit exit speeds when in low gear and tight chicanes/hairpin, of course also prevents you to go sideways and kill the rear tyres too quickly. I would say at the point the rear becomes slightly alive on exits it means you have already exhausted most of the power you could put down without it, so that's where your TC more or less should be for a consistant race pace. Usual range for me is 3-5, i have it on one of my wheel's dial as well, sometimes i kick it down or up, wether to preserve the tyres or catch up, but i don't believe it's always worth the risk.