Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
911 GT3 Cup setup needed
I'm unable to get anymore out of this car....I need a setup that can get top 7 hopefully
Add me on Steam, maybe I can help you out with something.
ID should be my real name.
(04-17-2018, 05:51 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  Add me on Steam, maybe I can help you out with something.
ID should be my real name.

friend request sent on steam....ty
Just realised you can´t see my real name when your not on my friends list. ID is 76561198104350621.
I´ll send you a download link tomorrow.
(04-17-2018, 07:32 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  Just realised you can´t see my real name when your not on my friends list. ID is 76561198104350621.
I´ll send you a download link tomorrow.

I think i found you, check your messages
sent via Steam,let me know what you think. have fun.
(04-18-2018, 03:16 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  sent via Steam,let me know what you think. have fun.

it drives much better, now if i can only hang on!... TY
Mathias, may i add you to?

I was driving with a setupmarket setup but somehow i'm a second faster with the default with little adjustments. Untill now i can get in the top 7 to 10 but i want more Big Grin
I'm also a bit lost on setup with the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017. I'm just not able to find that last second. To be honest I'm not even sure if it is the setup of the car, but I would like to rule that out. In my view the three main aspects that determine your lap time are:

1. Racing line you take: braking points, gears, where you hit the apex etc.
2. Being able to drive without errors: hitting the apex, no lockups, no wheelspin etc.
3. Car setup.

I guess 1 and 2 are more important than 3 for the Porsche since it has limited setup capabilities. I started the Porsche season after the first race, below are the laptimes I drove:

Brands Hatch - 1:27.144
Laguna Seca - 1:25.596
Zandvoort      - 1:40.413
Mugello        - 1:51.302

Especially my lap times at Laguna Seca and Zandvoort, I had the feeling that I could not go any faster. I experimented with the setup at all tracks but probably spent most time at Zandvoort. This track is so slippery so I tried a couple things to get some more grip, mainly at corner exit. I drove my 1:40.4 lap with a modified setup. But after testing with a default setup I could (quite easily) do a 1:40.8. So I'm not even sure if the setup made the difference.

I guess that is the main problem with making setups, one to really know if a setup change has a positive or negative effect you have to be really consistent. And two, most people don't really know what they are doing (including myself).

I will attach my setups to this post. But I would really appreciate if someone who can do the quicker lap times (1:25-1:26 Brands Hatch, 1:24 Laguna Seca, 1:39 Zandvoort or 1:49-1:50 Mugello) is willing to share a setup or point me/us in the right direction.

I started looking into telemetry and motec to see if such a tool would help me finding this last second. But I guess this needs some time since it has (quite) a learning curve I suppose.

.txt   bram_brands_hatch_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m27s1.ini.txt (Size: 668 bytes / Downloads: 158)

.txt   bram_laguna_seca_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m25s5.ini.txt (Size: 668 bytes / Downloads: 126)

.txt   bram_zandvoort_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m40s4.ini.txt (Size: 674 bytes / Downloads: 75)

.txt   bram_mugello_porsche_gt3_cup_2017_1m51s3.ini.txt (Size: 667 bytes / Downloads: 195)

P.S. SRS does not let me upload .ini files, so I renamed them to .txt. Just remove the .txt part before usage.
Beste Bram, stop met klagen Big Grin

Op Mugello kom ik niet verder dan 1.54 en een beetje. Mag ik jou setup eens proberen?

Translated for the rest: I asked Bram if i can try his setup for Mugello