Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancia Fulvia
Hello racers!

I noticed that nobody opened a thread about the Fulvia championship. We may discuss about it here, don't we?

What a car! First, you understeer like hell, then you notice that you can't bring the back tires to a correct temperature, then you ignore it and have fun.

Just made it to the top Split and finally had some proper racing with Jason Jones.

But I got surprised during the unusually long qualify session (20 minutes) that the race would have a length of one hour when every single previous race where 10+20 minutes long.

Next week's race is 10+60 minutes long...

Is that all on purpose? I do not get it.
no, it was wrong, it's 10 min qualy + 20 min race
I was a late comer to this car and love it!

It drives like nothing else but after you understand it it's a great little car.

I made the mistake of underestimating the fuel in the 1 hour race. I started at 2:06 lap times and was expected to be lapped. I then found 6 seconds a lap and used more fuel. Result run out of fuel under the bosh bridge. Not a great result but the race was really good fun.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
It's a very fun car to drive, I'm just utterly useless with it. These FWD understeer rust boxes are beyond my skill level Smile
It feels like the suspension is broken. I generally like any sort of vintage car, but I don't get these. It doesn't seem like the AC physics engine deals very well with situations where a tire becomes completely unloaded.
[quote pid='13387' dateline='1524063815']
It drives like nothing else but after you understand it it's a great little car.
[/quote]

I have to agree with that. In the first race, I even thought it was an underpowered RWD... Because of the look of it.

Tomorrows track is the complete opposite of last week's track... 20 people on this short and tight track is going to be a challenge. Driving through traffic will be the most difficult thing I think.
Thank you for saying about the track. I didn't realise it's a new track (to me) best get some practice in!

The first time i drove the car i thought it would be rwd going by the looks. Came out the pits, floored it and went straight off.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
One race to go! I'm so exited to do that race in donington.

6 People that could possibly win this championship. Lets see how this last race will be.
Gutted that I got punted off TWICE in lap one, what an absolute joke. Only championship this season I have any chance in too, so disappointing to be ruined by complete idiots
I;m gutted that I missed the Easter Monday race because I thought that this might be my only chance to win a championship. But then Glen got promoted to the big show and he's putting on a clinic for us all on how to drive this beast! Have you got any set up tips for us? the last race I needed to stiffen and lower the suspension to get some of the roll out of it, and added a lot more toe and a little camber in order to get her to turn.

I have to say I'm a big fan of the sloppy slow cars where being fast is more about driving technique than tuning the cars computer and aero package to make up for lack of skill like in a typical gt3 car. I hope to see more series in SRS with cars that don't have any aero downforce.