Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Finland
Why, hello there gents, how are you doing?

That's for chitchat, back to business at hand. Been driving for years, long enough to have a hiatus for a couple. Have been driving previously in SRS (lol... not this one, SimRacingSuomi...) and Racedepartment, few seasons in PrestoGP (110% recommend, safety is prioritized over pure pace). So you should be able to feel safe when i'm around, plan is 0 infractions in every race.

It was nice surprise to find a place that does have a bit more casual racing but still having (at least) hopes of clean racing. First race yesterday was a bit of disappointment, got knocked out with 3 infractions with the guilty party getting probably just 2.. Oh well, it happens. Let's see how this all pans out, how is the racing really.

A bit of bummer was that there were instantly need to buy DLCConfused.. I should not complain, i got my AC for free in the first place (i'm modder and in game development, it has some perks..) but just the fact that i have to buy not one but two packs (bought season pass as i think i need them all here..plus dream pack 1 was mandatory).. Who ever decided scheduling should check DLCs so that it just doesn't have one thing from three packs.. This part of user experience is a bit of my job and i won't go into AC and Kunos but as SRS user first experience: "god damn, i installed all kinds of stuff already, several tracks and now i need to buy.. how many packs excactly? and wait for them to download?.. " That is all away from the "first 5 minutes".. It is not bad but maybe food for thought; try to cut down the amount of hoops user has to go thru to get into the game. They may want "now" and that is not always possible.. it is just a thought when scheduling, if you can avoid a full DLC with dropping one track or car.. do it.

edit: ok... second race, looking for one hour nords that i bought today and waited for to download in time. Practice done, setup done. Then server doesn't start.. Ok, rejoining it and it started running for all. Then qualy, 20 minutes, checking setup and warming up. Waiting. Race starts. Everything goes well, i'm dead last but that was kind of my plan. Then. Some idiot stood on his brakes and stopped in the middle of the track: crash. And i'm out.

edit2: just had a good race. Lots of spinning but that is expected.. Took a false start like a noob, someone took one just before me so i reacted.. Finished third anyway.
Hey mr suomi, welcome to the quiet but fast crowd!
[size=small][i]Drove my first lap at the Ring in pouring rain and fog, in an Audi R8 that my friend let me drive. Who was crazier?  Cool [/i][/size]