Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mazda MX5 cup
Hey guys.

Just one question... why are there so little races with these cars? They're very fun to drive for beginners Smile

Best r.
This season it is a single race per week for the RC youtube channel. In previous seasons it has been one of the races that repeats throughout the day. Likely it'll make a repeat appearance in future seasons.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-13-2018, 05:36 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  This season it is a single race per week for the RC youtube channel. In previous seasons it has been one of the races that repeats throughout the day. Likely it'll make a repeat appearance in future seasons.

Oh Smile
OK. I hope it will repeat in next season Smile 

Thanks for the info!
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the 1 hour race yesterday at Brands Hatch. First time on server 1 for this series. Had a great race with Michael Butler, followed him pretty closely for most of the race, so he's on the YouTube stream quite a lot  Big Grin . Eventually I realised that if I coast a bit I can finish without a pitstop, so I backed off and it worked (had 0.3 left). 
Also kudos to Tiago Gouveia for avoiding me when I got Hawthorn wrong.  Blush
It certainly had some really good close racing.

I don't think I had a lap where here was not some one 2s in front and behind, with a number of laps with 0.5s gap.

Only 1 incident and that was someone lapping me running in to the back of me on the straight Blush
could have been better. suffered a sneaky pit manoeuvre in Lap 1 that threw me from 4th to 20th. 6 incident point just because of all the ping pong that ensued.
Managed to climb from that into 5th, close to fourth and third through all the traffic.
(04-25-2018, 07:50 AM)Matthias Wauer Wrote:  Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the 1 hour race yesterday at Brands Hatch. First time on server 1 for this series. Had a great race with Michael Butler, followed him pretty closely for most of the race, so he's on the YouTube stream quite a lot  Big Grin . Eventually I realised that if I coast a bit I can finish without a pitstop, so I backed off and it worked (had 0.3 left). 
Also kudos to Tiago Gouveia for avoiding me when I got Hawthorn wrong.  Blush

yep I calculated fuel wrong, had to pit, lost 4 spots....great race! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenUs42U8J0
Same here: bad fuel amount calculation + didn't check the tyre compound and issued a tyre change as well => lost 4-5 positions Smile

BTW where can one find information about if there's a mandatory pit stop?
Great fun in that race!

Started P8 and was way off the pace,

Decided to go for the overcut strategy, kept foot to the floow with Ricardo hunting me for the whole first stint. Made a cheeky wee splash and dash with 20 mins left and then started finding a rythm with serious pace, chased Eero and battled through to the penultimate lap giving me the podium!
Ok after stories from front rows, here's one from all the back an +3..4    Smile

I admit i didn't prepare for this race, I was  looking into what races I can drive for have some fun, and I saw Mazda MX5 
20 min race, so I register, didn't have time to try that car at all, i joined, and baaaam , 1h race 
so what to do , I am in , if I quit I'll get DNF, so I decided to stay but not to  Quali , start last and see what happens.
Race started I immediately saw it  I was the slowest driver in race, but now I don't want to give up
you know  that old one       Never give up

I decided to drive for an entire hour, my only concern was to not ruin someone's race and try to not get
and cause incidents for athers
I hope I wasn't in way  to anyone,I was doing my best to not to
I didn't have fuel app open so I looking in apps to open it, and that moment was cost me to loose control and to make gift to myself in the form  of incident point ,car slided  in sand ,then jumped and  ended in fence , 1 incident point for me from me .

The point is , don't bother if others think like what he's doing in race as long as you are aware of other drivers and have respect for  them, some of them will not respect you if you are BLUE , but that's their problem to solve in their heads Smile