Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you lose your connection, just keep on driving
In a race right now all the other cars suddenly disappeared and I thought I lost my connection again (as it happened to me in the last three of four races), so I stopped immediately out of frustration but it turned out to be just a pretty big lag everyone else was affected by as well.

After two seconds the other cars appeared again and crashed into me (I was standing still right on the start-finish-straight). So if that happens to you, I'd say just keep on driving for another corner or two so you can be sure it's not just a lag.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I always keep driving unless AC shows the "connection unavailable" message.

I spent years playing old online games where people jumping in and out of existence was normal, heck in some cases it became regarded as skill to know where a vanishing player actually was Smile
(04-11-2018, 10:09 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  I always keep driving unless AC shows the "connection unavailable" message.

I spent years playing old online games where people jumping in and out of existence was normal, heck in some cases it became regarded as skill to know where a vanishing player actually was Smile

Smile Smile  exactly...NR 2003 online would show back up with a car on top of you when the lag finished. I've kept driving for 5 secs at least, until it notifies you that the server is unavailable.
It's happened so many times to me that I can now predict when I'm going to get permanently disconnected from the server.  Big Grin Big Grin