Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a system in place to prevent invalid hotlapping by abusing the outlap?
Currently, the Tatuus FA1 series is at Thruxton, with a mostly flat out lap, with only 2 braking points. The second of which is the club chicane, right at the end of the lap. Takes you from top speed to 3rd gear. However, as it is a 3 part chicane, you can blast past the first part, and end up spat out going straight after the third part,  you can almost do it flatout at top speed. Obviously, this lets you cross the start/finish at nearly top speed, as opposed to fourth/fifth gear accelerating, boosting laptimes. I was just wondering (and hoping) that maybe SRS has a system against this, like if you get a cut in the final corner your next lap is invalid or something. Because I tested it and blasting the chicane can get me nearly a second up on my best valid lap before the 3rd corner.
Being someone who doesn't abuse cutting for fear of carrying those bad habits to other sims that are much more strict, I hadn't even considered this a possibility.

I'm not fast enough to make qualifying meaningful, I don't know if I even care about people abusing this. Smile
(04-11-2018, 09:59 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Being someone who doesn't abuse cutting for fear of carrying those bad habits to other sims that are much more strict, I hadn't even considered this a possibility.

I'm not fast enough to make qualifying meaningful, I don't know if I even care about people abusing this. Smile

there is a penalty there, i've gotten it a few times, have no idea what he means by full speed through the chicane..Ohhh i get it now....that lap is invalid, but it sets you up for a faster next lap...i see.....that's for drivers that aren't fast enough apparently.....they would never be able to duplicate that in a race anyway, fall right back to the rear. Lot of good it does to qualify up front and you can't stay there because you're not fast enough.
You don't get slow down penalties during qualifying... just invalid laps. If you cut the track to get a higher top speed when you cross start finish, you'll have that top speed and you are on a new lap (that hasn't been disqualified for cutting yet).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yeah, I hadn't considered doing it myself, i just happened to lock up one lap and ended up not going off into the grass because of the concrete runoff, and i got back on track so fast, it sparked the idea. I didn't notice anyone doing it in the race I did earlier today, I was just curious if SRS had it's own corner cutting rules, some servers have custom plugins running that track corner cutting and stuff like that.

This series is really interesting though, My quali lap was 5 tenths off the leader, and yet I was all the way down in 9th on the grid! The time gap is very small on this circuit, since so much is flat out.
(04-12-2018, 04:25 AM)Caleb Clifton Wrote:  Yeah, I hadn't considered doing it myself, i just happened to lock up one lap and ended up not going off into the grass because of the concrete runoff, and i got back on track so fast, it sparked the idea. I didn't notice anyone doing it in the race I did earlier today, I was just curious if SRS had it's own corner cutting rules, some servers have custom plugins running that track corner cutting and stuff like that.

This series is really interesting though, My quali lap was 5 tenths off the leader, and yet I was all the way down in 9th on the grid! The time gap is very small on this circuit, since so much is flat out.

I'm sure the FIXED setup brings lap times a little closer together. fighting for .1,.2, faster sometimes.....just when i thought i couldn't get any faster, i learned you can slip into the slipstream and gain some time during qual., helps to have a car close at the right time, right lap. In other words, you can time it just right by having a car within .5 of crossing the start/finish line, and spend that entire lap trying to catch him if he doesn't make a mistake also, helps to get behind the fastest guy out there...lol. .3 faster right there.
Lightbulb 
(04-12-2018, 02:04 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  You don't get slow down penalties during qualifying... just invalid laps. If you cut the track to get a higher top speed when you cross start finish, you'll have that top speed and you are on a new lap (that hasn't been disqualified for cutting yet).

Oh, so THAT'S why PC2 always invalidated the next lap after cutting track in the final sector. Makes sense now!  Shy
R3E does it to, I think.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Yeah Michael is pretty spot on, it doesn't gain you anything if you're hella slow in the race XD