Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touge Battles?
Hi All,
I know this isn't really what this community is about, but I thought I would put it out there just in case enough people found it interesting that it could be done in the future, maybe once numbers are up. Just a basic standings table where you can challenge those close to your level to move up in the ladder. The details are up for discussion but as a basic thought I imagined it could be fun now that we have some good JDM cars. 
I don't know how easy this would be to implement server side so feel free to say it's too hard to be done, just interested to find out if this could happen and since this seems to be a growing community could be something to be done for the future. 
Just as a wish list I was thinking the challenger could choose car class and the challenged could then pick the same or lower? Tracks could also be selected.
Yeah It looks fun. And I think these new japanese cars deserved to be used in some competition too.
Even iRacing has problems filling the servers with the lesser used cars, any community with less then 1000 active drivers (split up by sims, preferred cars / tracks, timezones...) needs to focus on very popular content.

So GT3, Touring Cars and easy to control low powered cars (like Clio, Minis) are the way to go to kick things off.

There are many fun to drive cars and great tracks out there, but GT3@Spa will always have more drivers...
Yeah thats true, I mean part of the charm of this was that it would just be a challenge to another driver so it would be just 1v1, I guess that brings a whole load of other issues with it though! Would love to see this happen one day though if this does get big enough, Im sure theres a lot of touge lovers out there :p