Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server IP address?
Question 
I have a dismal ping rate (300-400ms) to Europe from the U.S. west coast and want to give my provider (Comcast) some ping tests. My home connections have all been checked by a technician; he suggests it's a network issue down the line. My brother, also on Comcast, is 100 miles south of me and has less than half my rate, consistently, in the same races.
So I need to escalate this...driving in last place to stay out of the way and playing hotlap/catchup for fun gets old Sad .  I even missed a blue flag because I was lolly-gagging at the back. AND it's affecting my SP rating...omg!...

I have sample trace routes and pings to Europe showing a lot of spikes and time-outs, but not actually to the online server address.
If it's the AC address (93.57.10.21), then it's not ping-able (I presume to reduce traffic while gaming).
Any info is helpful.
Thanks! Hope to be back in the race soon!
(04-06-2018, 06:32 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  I have a dismal ping rate (300-400ms) to Europe from the U.S. west coast and want to give my provider (Comcast) some ping tests. My home connections have all been checked by a technician; he suggests it's a network issue down the line. My brother, also on Comcast, is 100 miles south of me and has less than half my rate, consistently, in the same races.
So I need to escalate this...driving in last place to stay out of the way and playing hotlap/catchup for fun gets old Sad .  I even missed a blue flag because I was lolly-gagging at the back. AND it's affecting my SP rating...omg!...

I have sample trace routes and pings to Europe showing a lot of spikes and time-outs, but not actually to the online server address.
If it's the AC address (93.57.10.21), then it's not ping-able (I presume to reduce traffic while gaming).
Any info is helpful.
Thanks! Hope to be back in the race soon!

Enlarge the Steam-SRS-R3E-Starting-Popup. There u can see the IP address of the server.
Thank you, Pierre, but not sure where to see the Popup.
Is that on the app login page or in the game? Haven't been using Raceroom much lately   Blush
Thanks.