Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taatus Nurburgring GP
Hey does anyone have the replay for the Taatus race at 2100 today (5th April)?

There was an incident on the first lap that I'd like to post. I had a little power blip at the start of the race that caused my wheel to disconnect then re-connect. That killed my FFB. Then about 15 seconds after the incident I tried rebooting the wheel to get FFB back, the screen flickered and I was booted from the race. I had to rejoin a lap down and for some reason there is no replay autosaved for the start of the race. I have qualifying and from when I rejoined, just not the start.

The incident on first lap was after the right hand hairpin. Huge car pile up blocking the track. Becaused I slowed to carefully weave through I got rammed by a stack of cars from behind who didn't give the yellow flag any notice. Sort of got spun around and bounced about by half a dozen cars I think. Cars involved in the pilup also drove straight into me out of their blind panic to rejoin the race.

I didn't care too much about that but after the race I saw I had 11 incident points! This was far more than any of the other drivers who looked to be involved in the incident. I was probably also one of the only drivers not acting like a tool.

I wanted to post the video for Henrique because something's way out with the incident algorithm. I've noticed in the past it seems to work backwards and punish the ones getting punted more than the reckless drivers. This was just a great example to illustrate it I think. Hopefully it can be used to help improve the algorithm. Or maybe move us to that one you get on some public servers that seems to work perfectly.
Can't help you with that, but if you use Content Manager it saves the replay files automatically.

(and apart from that feature, it's so much better than the original launcher, so you should use it anyways)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Yeah I downloaded CM but haven't got round to trying it yet. Also followed on GitHub so I get emailed everytime she updates an issue or commits. People do seem to really like it though. The original launcher is really slow and I expect CM would be much quicker.

The original launcher also autosaves replays but in this case I think it was thrown by the lap 1 disconnection. The only autosave for the race is after I reconnected +1 lap down.