Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is the the split over the different servers done?
Hi,
I was wondering on what criteria the split over the different server are done.
ie. the ktm series doesnt have a lot of subscribers and I'm already housed twice on the second server. resulting in only 8 people racing over there.
Lars
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
I think on the Rating so the Players with the highest rating are playing on server 1. If there more than 20 player on server 1 the second server will open.
The split is based purely on the rating for the first race of the Championship, then for the other races is based also on the drivers points.
Maybe Lars is suggesting what has been suggested before, that is that splits should result in roughly the same number of players on each server. For example, if 25 people register, they should be split 13 + 12 not 20 + 5.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
That would be more fun, because driving with 8 players. and then 3 that stops isn't so much fun
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
We just made race 3/6 and I still am in the low split. Looks like you HAVE to do some championships before being able to compet pointwise...
you need to raise your rating as well
Splitting the registered drivers equally between splits would introduce a whole new set of problems. i.e. mismatch of similar paced drivers, lower points for 2nd split for people who should be in the top split, etc...
What you really want is to split drivers evenly among servers AFTER qualifying based on time rather than anything else. But unless some serious black magic is done, that's never going to happen.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz