Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
911 GT1 @ Spa 2018-4-1 considered official with 2 cars
I signed up for the 911 GT1 race at Spa last night. Once I got in the room I noticed that out of the 8 drivers that signed up only 4 actually entered the room (3 others including myself). I did not want to do an hour long race with only 4 cars so I exited just as qualifying started. Today I lost over 15 rating points which dropped me from 10th in the US and 194 overall to 12th in the US and 215th overall. Then I looked at the race results and noticed even though 3 cars qualified, only 2 cars started and finished the race and points were given towards the championship.

First of all, why was I docked so many points for leaving a race that wasn't even considered official? Per the rules: To score for the championship, races need to be considered official and require 6 or more participants. The key word being PARTICIPANTS. The amount of points I lost was easily a months worth of racing. That's extremely harsh and makes me not want to sign up for low count races anymore. If a race isn't counting towards the points or the championship then it shouldn't dock my rating either. Now the only two people that stuck it out got an easy 1-2 finish and great points towards the championship with nearly zero competition.

The results of this race should be nulified and rating points lost should be returned, not just for me but for everyone that was affected.  
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist
If it makes you feel any better, all the other people that didn't show up are also going to get docked for not sticking around? I agree that the language of that does not make it clear that it is referring to REGISTERED drivers, not actual people that show up to race. To be fair, it is still possible to join a server while the race is in progress and start from the pits, so likely they code that decides is going to need to be based on registered users. Easiest solution here is to change the text in the rules to be more explicit, I think.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
yeah, it says participants, but it only needs 6 registered drivers, who dont even need to race, and the results will still count
NEVER GIVE UP!

"The results of this race should be nulified and rating points lost should be returned, not just for me but for everyone that was affected." 

I don't think so.... I seen how many registered and i also knew it would count so i did a few laps and it gave me the win...i'll take it. TY
(04-03-2018, 12:04 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

"The results of this race should be nulified and rating points lost should be returned, not just for me but for everyone that was affected." 

I don't think so.... I seen how many registered and i also knew it would count so i did a few laps and it gave me the win...i'll take it. TY

That just proves even further why the results should be nullified. You didn't finish the race or earn the win. That's obviously not how it should work .Meanwhile other people lost a month's worth of hard earned rating. Complete BS
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist
That rule definitely needs to be reworded to make it clear that it's based on registered drivers only.

I don't think the results should be nullified because those 2 drivers followed the 3 laps rule that is very clear.
(04-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Barrett Rolph Wrote:  

That just proves even further why the results should be nullified. You didn't finish the race or earn the win. That's obviously not how it should work .Meanwhile other people lost a month's worth of hard earned rating. Complete BS

I think you might be putting a bit too much importance on the points gathered by racing here at SRS. I can see why you might be a bit miffed about this outcome, but really... are you going to care about this a few weeks from now? You have good points, but expecting those folks that actually stuck around to lose whatever points they gained seems unreasonable to me.

I've stuck around to race a race where only 4 people showed up just the other night. And that's not just 4 people that showed up... that's the entire number of people that registered. I knew for a fact it wouldn't count, and yet there I was at the 20 minute mark on my last lap. I got second place! And it didn't count. And even if it did, it wouldn't matter. 

My advice would be to race for the fun of it, and if something borks up, report it and offer feedback... but then blow it off. You'll be a happier individual, I promise.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
"That just proves even further why the results should be nullified. You didn't finish the race or earn the win. That's obviously not how it should work .Meanwhile other people lost a month's worth of hard earned rating. Complete BS"

I  DNF'd  same way with only 2 drivers in the server, 4 registered.....I lost 10 points and took me 2 weeks to gain it back so i swore i would never quit before 3 laps was run. Even if it doesn't count, if you DNF, you get penalized either way i think.

(04-03-2018, 04:26 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  That rule definitely needs to be reworded to make it clear that it's based on registered drivers only.

I don't think the results should be nullified because those 2 drivers followed the 3 laps rule that is very clear.

I wonder if the SRS TV car counts as 1 registered driver, because I've seen it register SRS TV and then it will leave the server if there isn't a certain # of drivers available to race, but it may have counted itself as a driver too. SRS TV should get a DNF, but then our TV ratings would suck !!  LOL.
(04-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Barrett Rolph Wrote:  

Looks like you all 3 got points added , actually i thought these were 1 time races each week