Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi all from new zealand
Lightbulb 
Hi all, I'm new around and love the idea of the system. Have have got myself thinking about it for a while and glad to see the effort of it been implemented (Thank you for the developer!).
The system is great to find races, it's a shame my timezone does not help to find people running and the races time does not favor it as well. Sad

Loving the way the system works so far, however I would like to leave my initial impression.

What I love about Iracing cups is the fact we have a low level (Rookie cars) every hour. This helps to have full grids independent of the hour of  the day. Also is a perfect entry point for new people since it's a really easy car to drive and not many circuits on the seasons, helping on the process of learning the tracks and emerging people around the sim and clean races. Maybe a every hour event with less mods, would help fresh players rookies?

Then, when you progress you have races happening with more space on time, every 2-3 hours. If you want a jump in race, you always have the the alternative of racing in the hour event (the rookie full grids). I believe this is great, since it motivates even pro drivers to jump in full grids with the rookies and help on the knowledge change and exchanging point between players, so a new good driver (fast and clean) can experience good race with more experienced drivers. It also helps to have more than 1 session since now with more drivers you have a better match making available (more spread set of skills spread on the grids).

Then at the end you have something close to what SRS is offering, a more spaced schedule with less races and longer where with advanced cars. And maybe cut the bullshit you see on Iracing where there is 80% of sessions/cups with no players, because it's too specific or because there isn't that amount of players to fill all the running sessions/cups.

I would love to see a improved seasons style on SRS, making the league level tide and competitive (I'm new here but have seen a lot of empty races). I believe today it's offering a good platform for advanced drivers and people that has been around sim racing for a while. But I would love it to be more popular and make it easier to new drivers, but always motivating the driver to learn and keep a clean race. With easier races and more regular may help popularize SRS more and maybe have full grids every hour of the day (even on timezones where it's now not so popular like mineSmile.

I'm happy to see such fresh innovation on racing community. And glad to be part of it.

Hope to find you around and enjoy some clean and competitive race.