Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Protest Etiquette
It's not the fastest way in the world, but I do the following:

1. Autosave race replays with 1000MB limit in AC settings.
  2. Use OBS Studio to capture the game window.
  3. Use the Cam Tool 2 Assetto Corsa app which allows you to quickly cycle through drivers by NAME, as well as shows the name of the currently targeted driver.
  4. Play the Replay from my cockpit or the cockpit of the driver who is the problem and record a clip of it happening (with a few seconds of context on either end, if needed). Record that.
  5. Play the Replay from an external camera or two. Record that.
  6. Bring the clips into video editing software (I have access to Sony Vegas, but I think anything that lets you cut, splice, and add basic subtitles will do) and edit the clips recorded together to make a short video.
  7. Render. Upload to youtube as unlisted. File protest form. Link to youtube video. Add decent description.
The above, again, is not the fastest... but if I'm going through all of the above, you can bet that I think it's worth reporting. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-30-2018, 12:37 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
  1. Render. Upload to youtube as unlisted. File protest form. Link to youtube video. Add decent description.

Personally I think that streamable.com is better for protest video, because you don't need account and only people with link can access to the video.
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
My way:

autosave replays
use AC replay to determine the meaningful clip, save the clip as a new AC replay
replay the clip using Ctrl+L to display driver names while capturing with Windows Game Bar (built into Windows, AFAIR to start/stop recording you need to press Alt+Win+R
use one of many available free and simple tools to cut/join the video if necessary (MP4Joiner, MP4Splitter, My MP4Box GUI)
Upload to youtube (or whatever)

BTW thanks for stressing that the incident should be shown from cockpit AND TV cameras, I missed that and only uploaded one TV viewpoint per incident, maybe this is why I haven't heard back about my reports. (meaning also that you should take my method with a grain of salt, so far my reports haven't been successful ;-) )
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Thanks everyone for your help, really appreciated! Have figured it all out now. Fingers crossed I won't need to be using this newfound knowledge too often!