Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does SRS only use Racedepartment.com ?
Does SRS only use mods found on racedepartment.com ? 
I only ask because I feel like I have found a better version of Sebring, and a version of Monaco that SRS does not seem to use in it's track schedule.
Here are the links to try yourself,

Most of the tracks found on the website seem to be very well made. Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same,
thanks.
Admins are very strict about ripped content, so it maybe that these circuits fall into that category. I wonder about the specific criteria, although I support their attitude.
Just because it appears on RD does not mean it isn't ripped. For example Bathurst is on there and I would love to race there but it is an illegal conversion so it is unlikely to ever get used.

Why every single series has to have Okayama in it I cannot understand. And I also don't know why we keep using mod cars and or FWD cars when there are hundreds of perfectly made Kunos cars which we have barely used any of.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

On the other topic, I agree. There's a load of wonderful cars in AC itself. We could be racing them for years before having to use mods at all.
we are aware of such tracks but we don't use ripped content.
It doesn't have to be on Race Department, it has to be legal and by legal I mean scratch made or converted ( or using parts) with permission.

The download link must also point to a website that doesn't contain ripped content.

Claiming Okayama is on every series when it's on 4 out of 19 series?... at least get your facts right
(03-29-2018, 09:51 AM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just because it appears on RD does not mean it isn't ripped. For example Bathurst is on there and I would love to race there but it is an illegal conversion so it is unlikely to ever get used.

Why every single series has to have Okayama in it I cannot understand. And I also don't know why we keep using mod cars and or FWD cars when there are hundreds of perfectly made Kunos cars which we have barely used any of.

What constitutes an illegal or ripped version of a car or track?...Do you think RF2 gives permission to use modded tracks in any other game? . Really unless you get permission from the track owner, it's probably all illegal or just no one cares. The only ones i know who care are the modders that create a track from scratch. I know in Nascar Racing Game, (Papyrus or Sierra) didn't have permission from Daytona, so they couldn't put it in the game...Had every major track on the Nascar circuit but Daytona, so they just made up a track similar from scratch and give it another name. As far as cars go, well you would need permission from the car manufacturer to make it legal probably.
4 out of 19 maybe this season, but last season was Okayama for sure in a lot more series. Not saying its a bad track or something, even when I personally dont really like it, just agreeing to Alex´s point that Okayama was there a lot in last seasons. Anyway, if there would be Spa or Monza in all series, I wouldnt complain, because I like those. So, maybe some people like Okayama more, and they are happy, then ok
NEVER GIVE UP!
Sorry, I didn't mean to stir up any trouble with my original post. I did not know that the website that I linked was ripped content. But I understand why SRS does not include that content and I very much respect the club's integrity. Being a new member (1 month of racing) this is all new to me.