Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what causes drivers to screw up Turn 1?
I dont understant mentalyty of the T1 crashers, they are drunked or what the think , it is 120% sure they cant stop and if they do such a T1 braking alone, they cant turn in such a speeds, so they IMHO came from NFS or another arcades where there are points fro crashes Sad
(03-29-2018, 05:26 PM)Stephane Homke Wrote:  1st lap crashes are the main problem of sim racing. In my experience the “safest” game remains the bloody expensive iRacing. I guess thanks to the system of licenses depending only from the safety rating.

Maybe in the higher license races, but I've been doing the rookie MX-5 races on iRacing and the amount of turn one crashes is higher than most of the SRS races I've done. The amount of trash talking is higher, too. This is even in races where I'm the only one with a rookie license. The cars that seem easier to drive usually get the most carnage on SRS; most of the Lotus 25 races were pretty clean.
Another thing to consider is the car itself. Sure there will always be issues with bad and/or inexperienced drivers and that makes up the majority of T1 incidents, however I've seen good drivers rear end people as well.

I think a part of that can be the car. Going from a diddy car to a big, hefty beast . A car that has bad brakes or locks up if you even glance at the brake pedal out of your peripheral vision...
I would also bring up age as anoth... Ow! Stop it with the voodoo dolls already Big Grin