Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Spa
Big Grin

I can't compare with any league but I think SRS gives you something approaching : you won't know everyone but after a little while, you start seeing the same names, you know who you can trust, who's faster, who's not. And liveries are important in that respect.
Racing is starting to get frustrating.....wait for the qualy start, qualify....and then start the race
and that's when many drivers forget how to brake when someone is in front of them: last 5 or 6 races ruined by this kind of "driver"

the most probably knows that braking point, when someone is in front, is different.....but always there is the good one that think he can brake as it's a pratice session and we know how this ends
Yesterday a guy bumped me and got my position...at the end of the race in chat i said to him that he already ruined some races 'cause of his behaviour. The answer was: "look at my races, i'm faster" . Well, that's the way he wins the races.

starting to loose interest in racing
"I'm faster", that's the worst explanation. If it was "Well, I'm just dumb as a brick, completely stoopid", at least Christian charity kicks in and you can forgive the guy, but there ?...
I would say "Protest form" but it gets old after a while.
(03-29-2018, 09:04 AM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  "I'm faster", that's the worst explanation. If it was "Well, I'm just dumb as a brick, completely stoopid", at least Christian charity kicks in and you can forgive the guy, but there ?...
I would say "Protest form" but it gets old after a while.

Exactly, faster for 1 lap at least, going by the fastest lap time, but look at every lap and see how many times that driver ran off the track or made a mistake and added a few secs to his lap time ...If he was faster, why didn't he qualify faster and already be ahead on the starting grid?
Because he couldn't get a clean lap on 96% grip, I think is the answer. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-29-2018, 11:53 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Because he couldn't get a clean lap on 96% grip, I think is the answer. Big Grin

I'm sorry but being fast is not enough.....that guy was so fast, he screwed up his and a few others race, he was so fast, he couldn't make that corner ... He was so fast, he couldn't hit that apex......maybe he was fast but a couldn't brake worth a shit when it comes to passing other drivers.it's one thing to be fast when you're running by yourself and another thing to be in traffic. @ different styles of driving.
It annoys me when people race with this "I'm Faster, get out of my way" mentality.

Not being the fastest driver out there I do try to keep it clean and if there is a driver who has ended up behind me who is obviously faster I won't defend my position. But the twats that come up flashing their lights as if I should just move over get defended against. This often ends up whit them driving me off the road because, although they are faster, they don't know how to overtake fairly.

In the words of the great Murray Walker "catching is one thing, overtaking is another"
(03-29-2018, 01:03 AM)Andrea Nonnis Wrote:  Racing  is starting to get frustrating.....wait for the qualy start, qualify....and then start the race
and that's when many drivers forget how to brake when someone is in front of them: last 5 or 6 races ruined by this kind of "driver"

the most probably knows that braking point, when someone is in front, is different.....but always there is the good one that think he can brake as it's a pratice session and we know how this ends
Yesterday a guy bumped me and got my position...at the end of the race in chat i said to  him that he already ruined some races 'cause of his behaviour. The answer was: "look at my races, i'm faster" .  Well, that's the way he wins the races.

starting to loose interest in racing

I feel it the same, so if they are so faster, why they didn qulify better?   so in lap 1 they get to front of me (trying to not hurt anybody ) and then only slowing m down because unable to overtake back and if overtake then in danger got bumped innext corner, especialy in TT is much better brake ealier, turn sooner and then gain a lot on exit

and what i saw in last races, new bad behavior growing, drivers going from pits must race cars on fast laps, or after their spin or offtrack, they dont make room an spoil others best times

last 2 days it happened "only" 4 times

when i am not on my best and see i cant be better, i let cars moving faster go by,
(03-29-2018, 01:45 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  it's one thing to be fast when you're running by yourself and another thing to be in traffic. @ different styles of driving.

This

there is a lot of factors that may vary driving with opponents.....different set up, different way to set the trajectory, braking point an so on, all can get to same lap time.
Also a slower driver can have a faster speed in turns but slower in straights or vice versa
i prefere low turn speed entry to get good speed on next stright....that's cause a lot of kisses on the rear and a bad end (also i think that someone do this on purpose...)
but is it my fault?  (not for sure)
obviously we all make mistakes and i'm not immune...anyway there is a difference between mistake, bad attitude and inability

hope that this behaviour will end one day
Andrea, so by this Bump from behind i got now in KTM at nurburgring from 6th place to 18th and 4 cntatcs (-12points)

in turn car in rear bumped me, i lost traction in left right (4th and 5th turn) so badly exit from left and then the car which bumped me went wide behind track limit and push me from side where was another car in trajectory so ended in side collision lost all positions and got minus points overal , when he pushed from side , he was returning from offtrack (tarmac left from track after 5th corner)

it is so big problem to wait a little and pas on safe place???