Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Spa
As a newbie to SRS I have only done the TT cup, no other races, but I too feel as if Spa has had some the worst racing of all so far. I don't know why, maybe it's a hard track for clean overtaking. Although I'm sure it can be done if planned carefully. Maybe Spa isn't ideal for 20 minute races because it's fairly long and everyone is in a hurry?

Of course there's always those people checking their phone in the braking zone of Les Combes... eh Pierre? Wink
I'm kidding mate, no hard feelings at all.
"It goes quicker when it's on it's wheels mate!" - CrewChief

"This car is so grippy it's like driving on four Pritt-sticks!" - GamerMuscle
Pierre is not here right now, he's... polishing his brake discs.

But yes, Spa has been the worst of the series. I would say it's because it's a track everybody knows and likes (am I the only one to hate it ?) and attendance rose accordingly (I'd never seen over 90 registered drivers for a race before this week). More people = more new guys = more trouble. Also because Eau rouge is so important for a good lap time that you cannot afford prudence.

Anyway, so long Audi TT, it's been fun.
I have to agree, after a couple of bad races on the weekend I decided to skip the last few of this series, just no point trying to race people with such little respect. If this were real there would be several people with life changing disfigurements and I would be in a police cell LOL.
(03-25-2018, 04:02 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Pretty good article/post/essay/whatever that would be called. I was tentative about it with the first bolded part saying "Whoever has the racing line has the right of way" since literally that isn't really the case. He even goes into a perfect example of why that isn't the case in the very next paragraph! So other than that little bit of confusing "rule of thumb" it's a nice, concise list of good behavior that everyone should aspire to.

I especially like the part where he suggests to stop logging onto US servers to avoid rednecks and instead log into EU servers and make new friends. This has worked out fairly well for me! Big Grin

Edit: Hah... Empty Box literally just released a video about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVN-Re_b...e=youtu.be

Ha ! Ha!  Them good ol' boys from the USA......maybe not the best article to learn from. What got my attention was when a car is on the inside even just a smidgeon that has turned in sooner or broke later than the leading car......In all reality, if any driver gets "any" part of his nose under a leading car, he's NOT going to give up his line if he thinks both cars can make it through that corner safely (if there's not enough room for 2 cars and he KNOWS it, he may possibly give in)..... there's nothing you can do about it but ALLOW the room or get spun defending. Which should we do?   look at the pic in the attachment, it says this is not enough and you must give in to the leading car and give back his line.......that is "NOT" happening in an online situation.    
I do not agree, in this situation, it should be the leading car that gives room as the blue car has a legitimate claim to attack. The "smidgeon" is enough, otherwise how are you going to define what is enough and what is not ?
(03-27-2018, 03:57 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  I do not agree, in this situation, it should be the leading car that gives room as the blue car has a legitimate claim to attack. The "smidgeon" is enough, otherwise how are you going to define what is enough and what is not ?

hmm read the GPL recomended behavior  http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index...._Behaviour
(03-27-2018, 03:57 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  I do not agree, in this situation, it should be the leading car that gives room as the blue car has a legitimate claim to attack. The "smidgeon" is enough, otherwise how are you going to define what is enough and what is not ?

I understand your disagreement......that's what i mean, that blue car worked hard to get that far up the lead car's side and is NOT going to give...most rules say front wheels at least to driver's door, but who is going to measure? You either let him have room or spin cuz he's not going to give in that far up the side of that car. Even to the rear wheels is going to impede the lead car and cause a spin....it ain't happening in this online world.
Michal, I suppose you mean this part:
"In brief, the concept is, you must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before a corner's turn-in point to have the right for room to be left for you by the ahead driver. Substantial overlap means at least that the front of your car is up to say the driver's position in the ahead car".

Okay, but :
1 - "substantial", "up to say", this is rather vague.
2 - Where is the front of your car ? The wing ? The bumper ? The front axle ?
3 - Do you get of your car to measure it ?

I think this rule is unoperational as well as unfair. The wikipedia article says it is widely and that's very surprising.
I pretty much rely on Helicorsa's warning cones to let me know when someone is on my inside and if they are there before I start braking, I give them a car's width on the inside... but they still have to make their inside line work. If they go inside and then think they are going to get to go all the way on the outside right into me, well.... we are about to have a "racing incident" and it'll be their fault. I think Michael's point is that, online, even if we go by what CrewChief or Helicorsa is telling us, that's not technically accurate given that ping is involved. Not to mention that neither driver is actually inside a giant, metal rocket with about a foot-square of rubber connecting it to the road. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-27-2018, 07:12 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Michal, I suppose you mean this part:
"In brief, the concept is, you must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before a corner's turn-in point to have the right for room to be left for you by the ahead driver. Substantial overlap means at least that the front of your car is up to say the driver's position in the ahead car".

Okay, but :
1 - "substantial", "up to say", this is rather vague.
2 - Where is the front of your car ? The wing ? The bumper ? The front axle ?
3 - Do you get of your car to measure it ?

I think this rule is unoperational as well as unfair. The wikipedia article says it is widely and that's very surprising.

well IDK....in the picture of the red and blue car, blue front axle matches red rear axle and they said that's not enough, he needs like 2 more feet ahead, so maybe it's front axle to driver's door.....but i say if you get your front axle to his rear axle, you're not going to back out (only if 2 cars can make it through the turn side by side)...if you do back out, you're a better man than I am...lol...what i mean by ONLINE world is you can't expect everyone to follow the rules exactly....they will just spin your ass and say you tried to cut them off. If any part of the car gets inside of me, i'm leaving him room...best bet is to not let him get inside.