Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Spa
The overtaking car is responsible for the overtake to be safe. The guy in front should be concentrating on hitting apexes and exits.

Unfortunately for overtaking drivers, it means they are going to have to react to your POSSIBLY earlier braking, POSSIBLE unorthodox line, POSSIBLE missing of the apex, etc.. It's part of learning how to race with other cars. Many drivers want to pass at the first hint of an opportunity, when usually the correct course of action is to suss out the habits of the guy in front of you and then make your move when they either make a full on mistake, or when you have fully planned out the overtake that they have no way to defend against.

Sometimes you can be right on someone's tail for 2+ laps and memorize everything they do, and the moment you go for it, they make some radical move to try to prevent it... causing a wreck.

There are skills to be learned both in overtaking and BEING overtaken.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-24-2018, 11:45 PM)Mark Grant Wrote:  
(03-24-2018, 11:42 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  
(03-24-2018, 11:01 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If you don't get an apology PM from whoever that was in the next 24 hours, I think you record a replay of it and report them. I know I don't want to be on the track with this type of behavior.
Reported already.  Did not wait 24 hrs Smile

Will be interesting to hear the result, and how long it takes.

Got the PMs today.

Driver 1 (sat on my bumper and punted me when I braked for the turn): warning

Driver 2 (incident 1:   into a turn alongside me, he on the inside, I left him plenty of room, but he ran as wide as he could and pushed me out of the track; incident 2:  divebombs, hits me, pushes me out of the track and passes me, in process he loses speed  and ends outside of the track, I switch to the inside and start passing him on the inside, he turns hard to the inside, hits me again and spins me out completely, I lose several positions):  2-week suspension
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
More recently I've had races on here that make me wonder why I bother.

Yesterday I took part in the 1 hour Euro Porsche 911 race. Having spent 3-4 hours practising offline I end up 10th on the grid, half way round the first lap when things have settled a bit I get hit on the way out of a corner placing me last and 10s behind the next guy. Keep it together and drive as smooth as I can. End the race 8th having been hit by people coming back on the track, people being lapped and even the second place guy coming back on the track having just lapped me!

Ended the race with 9 incidents with 1 of them being my fault. This looses e 27 points. the guys who do 5 laps then quit end up with more points than me, and I loose a position in the overall standings.

Even if I send in a protest and they are up held the points are not corrected, and what I find harder, is the overall standings that I work hard to improve.

I understand the idea of using the points penalty and incident system to encourage good driving but as it is at the moment it works like a sledge hammer to crack a walnut, which is counter productive.
(03-31-2018, 10:06 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Got the PMs today.

Driver 1 (sat on my bumper and punted me when I braked for the turn): warning

Driver 2 (incident 1:   into a turn alongside me, he on the inside, I left him plenty of room, but he ran as wide as he could and pushed me out of the track; incident 2:  divebombs, hits me, pushes me out of the track and passes me, in process he loses speed  and ends outside of the track, I switch to the inside and start passing him on the inside, he turns hard to the inside, hits me again and spins me out completely, I lose several positions):  2-week suspension

Just for curiosity.....Who was driver 2?
Guys, just to warn you tat the mods frown on the discussion of incidents.
(04-01-2018, 11:12 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Guys, just to warn you tat the mods frown on the discussion of incidents.

I am aware of that, this is why I said "driver 1" and "driver 2" and I am not going to provide any more details in public.

I mentioned these incidents previously not to "discuss" them but as examples of what's going on in Audi TT Spa races, which people were talking about here. 

There was also interest in how protests are handled, so yesterday I only said so much that people can have an idea how long it takes for protests to be processed and what penalties may be given.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians