Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About classifications
THANK YOU for creating this thread. I was going to do it but since i am one of those who is always whining i just ended up shuting up.
I did a google spreadsheet with an alternative way to score and split drivers.
The way it works is in a SOF fashion.
The good thing about this is that it can eliminate the "oh after 5 races its the average" bullcrap. Your best score can always count because your score ALWAYS reflects the dificulty of the race.

2nd, it is important for this to be relevant that splits have minimum numbers. So basically a minimum of 6 drivers (6 is the minumum number of drivers for and oficial race so we can keep that i think) always instead of having ... a 1 man race. This just makes no sense and it happens way more often than it should eb ideal. So basically once a server hits 24 drivers, 6 go to one side and 18 on the other. 18 is a good number since most real life series run around 18 to 22 drivers any way. The way it gets filled from there is one for each untill server 1 gets 23 and then fill the other one to the top. Repeat process for the next servers but taking 1 from server 1 and making server 3 7 instead of 6. and repeat untill you run out of servers. So even if the server count increases in the future to 5 or 6 this method can still be applied.

Now 3rd .... to the score ! I calculated it based on the strenght of field. Basically its the same scoring. first place gets 102 points. This is a "hypothetical" perfect race, with every driver having 1000 points. The other end is getting 51 points and its a race with every driver with 0 points .
The way you canculate it is buy averaging the ratings and deviding buy 1000. This will give you a number between 0 and 1. After this you add 1 to get a number between 1 and 2 and this will be the SOF. You multiply this for the points and thats it. Its important to make it between 1 and 2 because otherwise 0 SOF races will get 0 points.
Obviously this will need tuning but i think would be a good place to start.

Here are the spread sheets.
Web page
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...vP/pubhtml
XMLS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e...utput=xlsx

The spreadsheet consideres that the max players in 1 server is 20 and that an "oficial race" is 6 players.
Did 3 tabs with 10 , 21 and 61 drivers making that critical case of 1 driver alone in a race.

Messages In This Thread
About classifications - by Rafael Jimenez - 03-21-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: About classifications - by Matthias Wauer - 03-21-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: About classifications - by Rafael Jimenez - 03-21-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: About classifications - by Russell Sobie - 03-21-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: About classifications - by Almor R Sousa - 03-23-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: About classifications - by simracingsystem - 03-23-2018, 01:51 PM