Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT Cup Spa, 2000 GMT
My second race on SRS, second time I have been taken out by bozo drivers.
Is there a way to view a replay of races? I know there's some sort of replay function within Assetto Corsa, but I'm thinking youtube maybe?
in the options/general tab toward the bottom, you have an autosave feature , after you set that like you want, there is a replay tab all by itself on the left of the main tabs to view replays.
Set it to record all the way up to 1GB replays, otherwise you might not catch the whole race.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
thanks for your help Michael and Russell.
Actually, 300-400MB should be just enough for a twenty minute race, but if you have the space, you might want to put it higher, to be on the safe side...
"It goes quicker when it's on it's wheels mate!" - CrewChief

"This car is so grippy it's like driving on four Pritt-sticks!" - GamerMuscle
(03-22-2018, 08:47 AM)Robin De Groote Wrote:  Actually, 300-400MB should be just enough for a twenty minute race, but if you have the space, you might want to put it higher, to be on the safe side...

Thanks for this Robin.
Actually, since posting the thread, I discovered I can use the ingame replays for different camera views, and record using Nvidia Geforce Experience to create an mp4 file. I have been able to view the incident at Spa from different angles, including incar of the 'culprit'. It's very impressive what can be done with sim racing :-)
Good on you for taking the time to report an incident. I think most of us are willing to learn from a mistake, even if it takes a suspension here and there to learn that a certain action isn't acceptable.

Had my first race at Spa last night and I survived the first turn only for someone to kamikaze into me on the straight leading into eau rouge. Then after losing loads of positions down the straight after eau rouge a back marker took out my back end on the next chicane and I spun off. Still, good overtaking practice working back up from the back of the pack..
(03-22-2018, 11:19 AM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  Good on you for taking the time to report an incident. I think most of us are willing to learn from a mistake, even if it takes a suspension here and there to learn that a certain action isn't acceptable.  

Had my first race at Spa last night and I survived the first turn only for someone to kamikaze into me on the straight leading into eau rouge. Then after losing loads of positions down the straight after eau rouge a back marker took out my back end on the next chicane and I spun off. Still, good overtaking practice working back up from the back of the pack..

Well, I haven't reported the incident as I have to be certain first, and I probably won't in this instance. It may be that the other party just didn't know where I was, because a view through one PC screen(assumed) isn't the same as full view like real life, or even VR, so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He did though, have the benefit of red arrows telling him that a car was there next to him, and possibly the aid of helicorsa, plus, to be honest, if he wasn't just being petulant because he was overtaken, if he has a racing brain then he should have had better situational awareness. He may have been very sorry about it, but there's no way (is there?) in race to tell me that.
I know it sounds like I'm making a mountain out of a mole-hill, after all, online racing does mean idiotic moves by many drivers, with no physical harm or financial cost to the guilty like real world racing would deliver , but the reason I have moved to SRS (and Racedepartment) is in the hope of enjoying mature racing and where bad driving is addressed like in iRacing.
Overall though, it really is great fun, and much better than solo practice and time-trials which is all I have been using my Sims for up to now.
I think what some drivers don't realize is....you have plenty of time, offline and in qualify, to see how fast you can take a setup in 6 or 7 laps. If you qualify in a certain position on the grid, you're not going to miraculously be able to pass the faster drivers or hold them off, so passing drivers from the start, going into turn 1, is basically a futile effort i think.....maintain your position on the inside or outside and play it safe to avoid early incidents, the faster cars will move ahead and the slower ones will filter back as the laps progress, you may have 2 or 3 cars with similar lap times to battle with the entire race and that's about it. Unless you totally screwed up your qualy and start way in the back with a fast car, with that i wish you luck as it will take much patience to pass safely, always leave the other driver some space to see if he's able to get through a corner faster and if he can, let him go, if you're faster, you can get the position back later.
Exactly what Michael above said.

As far as communication in race, it says in the rules we shouldn't be using Chat... but it is not really policed. I think the spirit of that rule is that typing in a bunch of vitriol after someone bumps you going into a turn causing you to spin out is not what anyone wants to see. A quick "sorry" from someone who screwed up probably wouldn't hurt... but even then, most people disable their chat app in their HUD during races. The best you can do is try not to finish last in the race and type into chat after you cross the finish line. Or just private message them here on the forums after the race.

Typically when I do something boneheaded and nuke someone, I send them an apologetic private message. I've had people do the same for me and I have holstered a fully prepared video protest since they at least took the time to apologize for doing something wrong and owning it.

The folks that I report are the ones that drive carelessly (or too aggressively), touch me and cause me to lose positions, make zero attempts to give me the position back... and then do nothing to notify me that they understand they screwed up and are sorry about it.

Filing protests have been pretty infrequent for me lately as well, I'm happy to report. When I first started here on SRS, I was filing a protest just about every other race. The culture of clean online racing continues to push forward, brothers and sisters!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz