Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT - RedBull Ring GP
(03-11-2018, 06:31 PM)Peter Winkler Wrote:  I was together with Owen in the same race - indeed there are some Drivers completly ignoring fairness
I personaly hope that SRS is keeping their strict policy in penalizing rood Drivers

but i think this threat is not to talk about race incidents - i think we Need to use the possible tool SRS is providing to us

In my starting periode i entered the track without taking care about others - in my (rookie) eyes i tried to get back as soon as possible with the result that i destroyed someones day/race/rating - As a result i got a 1 month Penalty - I was really upset, but i learned, trained and started after this month with a different attitude and driving style

Yeah, I felt a little guilty for reporting that guy but I think it's fair. As you said, you were suspended and learned that what you did was unacceptable on track. You weren't intentionally causing incidents, you just didn't realise it's not ok to cause someone to slow down or swerve when you re-enter the track. It meant that after your suspension was lifted there's no way you will make the same mistake again.

Sometimes it can be handled in PM too. I had an incident with someone hitting my rear bumper back at Nurburgring, coming into that last little tight chicane. The race had been a crash fest at every one of the slow corners on the circuit so I was expecting the guy to just ram me off the track and use my car to slow himself enough to make the turn. When there was the tiniest of bumps I realised it wasn't intentional. We talked about it in PM after the race. It turned out I had drifted across to the inside in the braking zone. It wasn't intentional and I think it was because I kept looking in my mirror looking at what this guy was going to do from several cars back gaining on me fast under braking. Although he didn't have the right of the inside and the apex (because he was a couple of car lengths back at the start of the braking zone), I shouldn't have changed line under braking.

Since then I have worked hard to stay disciplined with this and think it's for the best. I think I was already good at respecting someone who has come alongside on the inside of me at corner entry and surrendering the line to them. This was something that was pretty new to me. It's like learning your racing manners really and makes for much better racing when you get to race against someone who also has good racing manners. In fact I think good race manners make for better racing than good pace. You certainly get more position changes and hard fights than if one of you were to just smash the other off the track.
That is something that I think it takes most people to realize fairly slowly when they first start racing (as opposed to just hotlapping). There is a mentality to always be beating your last lap time during a race, just like when you are practicing, and the moment something gets in the way of that all of your brains go out the window somehow. When I first started racing online I compensated the otherway where I would do really boneheaded things to get OUT of the way of someone who was near me because I didn't want to screw anyone's race up. Things like just lifting before corners with someone right behind me who was NOT going to attempt a pass, and them ramming into me. This is almost as bad as brake checking someone, really.

Now I tend to have a level head about doing battle for position. My only problem now is that I'm battling for 10th place instead of 1st or 2nd. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Sunday night some swedisch Larsson guy joined the race late and, though (of course) lapped at least once, he started hotlapping. (Seriously? Hotlapping on a SRS server? How thick can you be?)
But not enough: On top of it all, when he went past me on the finish straight (I let him go, for he was obviously faster than me and I wanted him out of my mirrors), he pulled over and pushed me off the track just before T1.

And you know what? He doesn't even have an incident listed for that race!
I literally feel like buying a ticket to sweden just to dump a crap on someone special's doormat in return of the favor.
Andreas, this is really bad behaviour from that other driver and unfortunately it happens from time to time. In one of the Porsche RSR Races at Paul Ricard we had a wrecker too. That guy would just sit in certain spots and tried to take out other people.

However, what you should do is just report people that misbehave like this with the tools provided by simracingsystem. You can report someone from inside the App if you have a video of the incident. See also the sticky in every subforum: http://www.simracingsystem.com/announcements.php?aid=3 Smile