Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How race incidents work?
Hi all, i have a doubt about incidents. 
This happend in Raceroom, in a earlier race i had with the WTCC in Monza....
So i has in 2º place and didnt had any incident so far, and in the main straight, in the braking hard zone, the guy behind me fails the breaking point and hits me in the back , putting my car out of track and losing 4 places....
He then give me passage ( fair play), i finish in 5º in front of him.
Goig to see the standings and i had 1 incident and him NO incident, and he had more points then me....  Huh  . How does this works? The system penalized me instead of him when there was no fault from my side!!
Kind of injustice....
I'm pretty new to this myself but I have seen it the other way round, where I missed my breaking point and punted the driver in front. Reviewing the standings after I got an incident point and not the driver in front, as you would expect.
Did you hit the side wall? I wonder if you got the incident point for that and not the actual punt.
Not sure how it works in Raceroom.

In Assetto Corsa both parties get an incident counted against them.
I read up more on incidents and Tim is right, both parties get the incident point. Not what I saw but could have got the driver mixed up. You will also get them for hitting off track items as well.
Usually both parties get an incident. Sometimes... it's spooky.
Your incident was on lap 1.
All contacts count.

(03-04-2018, 12:05 AM)Rui Paiva Wrote:  Hi all, i have a doubt about incidents. 
This happend in Raceroom, in a earlier race i had with the WTCC in Monza....
So i has in 2º place and didnt had any incident so far, and in the main straight, in the braking hard zone, the guy behind me fails the breaking point and hits me in the back , putting my car out of track and losing 4 places....
He then give me passage ( fair play), i finish in 5º in front of him.
Goig to see the standings and i had 1 incident and him NO incident, and he had more points then me....  Huh  . How does this works? The system penalized me instead of him when there was no fault from my side!!
Kind of injustice....
Lap 1? was maybe a minor contact in T1 but nothing that spoiled the race for anyone...seen it and was a guy that risked the position to pass me, we touch but we didnt even move and took my place....nothing dangerous.... OK but i understand that .
What i dont understand was the crash itself a few lap after, that put me on the wall...he didnt get any incident.

(03-04-2018, 10:51 AM)Gareth Smith Wrote:  I'm pretty new to this myself but I have seen it the other way round, where I missed my breaking point and punted the driver in front.  Reviewing the standings after I got an incident point and not the driver in front, as you would expect.
Did you hit the side wall?  I wonder if you got the incident point for that and not the actual punt.

[quote pid='10726' dateline='1520183850']
Yes i hit the wall when he crashed me.  But think that it didnt count, not the wall neither the contact. My incident was a minor contact in T1 with some guy, that took by pressure my position.
[/quote]
I'm afraid that only S3 can answer you that.