Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT Cup setup 1:31:999
Good catch on the true values for toe Michael. That always gets me.

Yeah I couldn't get this car to turn in nicely while still feeling connected to the road so I've been trail braking deep into bends to keep it turned in. When I say trail braking, it takes probably less than 5% brake pressure to keep the front down. Not enough to even change speed really, just brush the pads against the discs. Adjust the 1-5% pressure to adjust line to apex, then straight to a similarly small amount of throttle at or before the apex until the exit opens up. Pretty much no coasting off gas if you get it right.

I'll see how your setup feels later.

I tried the hard compound tyres and they seem to solve the temperature problem and feel as grippy as the soft ones anyway. Actually they felt more stable round those high speed right handers after Pilgrims Drop at Brands.

Thanks Pawel for pointing out the TC. I think when I practice it's turned off so it's not there as a setting. I just did a race and first thing I did was turn off TC then save. Wish I'd remembered to load it first haha, just overwrote the settings file. I loaded up the one from Zandvoorst which was ball park and to be honest didn't notice much difference.

(03-04-2018, 06:24 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  Since i got Assetto Corsa i have logged 413 hours. Thats quite alot of practice.
Just checked Steam and I've logged 432 hours over the years since the early access. I actually have other games on Steam but AC is all I find time for. Feels more like a hobby than a game to me.
Big Grin 
Uhh, i only saw it now Cry
Too late.
But! i need also one for the Red Bull Ring  Tongue
maybe you have fun to do one more for us Angel
Just for fun, here is me using Owen's setup the wrong way, when practicing with AI. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEoVU_Uotk
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
Already working on the RBR setup. I'm down to a 1:39:.103 using the Brands weather conditions. Not had a chance to get onto the server yet to check the actual conditions.

Pawel nice save!
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(03-04-2018, 08:12 PM)Alain Kohler Wrote:  Uhh, i only saw it now Cry
Too late.
I'd actually say rather than get a setting from someone else, just focus on driving for now. Then maybe aim to get tyre pressures in 26-28PSI range when hot. Then just drive until some drving characteristic starts to bother you. E.g. understeer on turn in. Then google or ask how to sort that.

It's as much about understanding how different settings change the handling as anything else.Also very personal. You can see Michael and I run polar opposite setups but have identical lap times..

(03-04-2018, 09:21 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Just for fun, here is me using Owen's setup the wrong way, when practicing with AI. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEoVU_Uotk
Oof, you're lucky it wasn't the outside of the track at that turn. Catch a wheel on the grass on the brakes and race over.

(03-05-2018, 09:30 AM)Michael Martin Wrote:  Already working on the RBR setup. I'm down to a 1:39:.103 using the Brands weather conditions. Not had a chance to get onto the server yet to check the actual conditions.

Pawel nice save!
Haven't taken the TT to RBR yet because I had a mess about with R3E instead last night. That'll be the lap time I aim for then ha
Wow, you drivers are fast! I hotlapped and the best I had was 1:44:922. I'm consistent and I hit my apexes. All my laps were within one second of that time (and I actually drove two back-to-back laps at 1:44:922 exactly).

I noticed that push-to-pass is unavailable in hotlap. Is push-to-pass (and perhaps a better setup) the difference between a 1:39 and a 1:45? Or is there really 6 seconds of lap time for me to shave off?
(03-05-2018, 10:29 AM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  
(03-04-2018, 08:12 PM)Alain Kohler Wrote:  Uhh, i only saw it now Cry
Too late.
I'd actually say rather than get a setting from someone else, just focus on driving for now. Then maybe aim to get tyre pressures in 26-28PSI range when hot. Then just drive until some drving characteristic starts to bother you. E.g. understeer on turn in. Then google or ask how to sort that.

It's as much about understanding how different settings change the handling as anything else.Also very personal. You can see Michael and I run polar opposite setups but have identical lap times..

[quote pid='10751' dateline='1520198508']
good point, I have with my setup a 1:40. Unfortunately, I do not have the consistency Dodgy
It's a hard way to the top Sad

[/quote]
(03-05-2018, 03:41 PM)David Weber Wrote:  Wow, you drivers are fast! I hotlapped and the best I had was 1:44:922. I'm consistent and I hit my apexes. All my laps were within one second of that time (and I actually drove two back-to-back laps at 1:44:922 exactly).

I noticed that push-to-pass is unavailable in hotlap. Is push-to-pass (and perhaps a better setup) the difference between a 1:39 and a 1:45? Or is there really 6 seconds of lap time for me to shave off?

P2P might get you half a second or so, depending on if there's a nice straight you and fire it off on shifting into 5th.

It's also only available in Practice and Racing. It'll be disabled in Hotlap since that's essentially Qualifying practice. I always just practice in Practice mode with a Hotlap start position. That way I can practice where to drop my P2Ps.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Make sure that the track settings are the same too. Mid clear and 20°c are fairly close to the servers.

At the rbr with the default setup and 30l fuel 1:40 is possible at Red bull ring. Practice is key with this car. Also being very careful with throttle application on exit. I think that is the most important.

Interesting where you use p2p Russell. I get more benefit deploying on the exit of slower corners not at high speeds like you.

When doing setup work I don't use p2p. That way I know it's car pace not just p2p making up any short full
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(03-05-2018, 03:41 PM)David Weber Wrote:  Wow, you drivers are fast! I hotlapped and the best I had was 1:44:922. I'm consistent and I hit my apexes. 

I'd say there is definitely room for improvement. This is so much off normal pace that I feel I need to ask: we are talking about Audi TT Cup, Brands Hatch GP, Assetto Corsa, right?  Track conditions set to something good?  Manual shifting? Using a steering wheel?

I am pretty slow and often somewhat messy with my apexes, and my best time is just below 1:35, with Owen's setup.  Still need to shave 2-3 seconds off to be competitive. With default setup I was somewhere between 1:35 and 1:36. Even in an online race, with traffic, I did most of my laps in the 1:35-1:37 range, only a few were slower when I screwed something big,  like went off at the Paddock Hill bend. Still faster than you, only the first lap was 1:47.7.

I doubt P2P would give you more than a second even if used twice per lap. If read the forum, some people aren't even sure when it works and when it does not, it's a relatively weak boost, very unlike "nitro" in arcade games. TC off helps but just a little (probably arund 0.5 s in my case). If you have ABS off that may slow you down unless you are really good with your braking.

I recommend that you practice with AI: set up a Quick race, set AI skill to 90% (or even lower if you need too), put yourself in the last starting position, follow them and learn.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians