Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ?
(04-18-2018, 10:11 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  
(04-18-2018, 09:22 PM)Sebastiaan van den Heuvel Wrote:  I like the sound design, the DTM cars for example sound exactly like they do in real life. Less loud obviously but that is something thats hard to bring across in a videogame or a video.
The only thing i dont like is my setting for the FFB, somehow i cant get it setup to feel right. Tried 6 different settings and none of them felt like i wanted them to feel. Dont know if my ffb in AC is in any way shape or form realistic  but it feels great to me, really feel what the car is going to do before it actually happens. In RR i have no feeling at all.. makes racing very hard.

I have the same problem with that FFB. Been tweaking it for over a month to try and get it feeling right with no joy, leading to unexpected spins. The understeer effect seems to be either on or off, no gradient to let me know how much understeer I'm getting. Also finally decided to turn off vertical load completely because no matter how low I set it, anytime I went over a bump it would jolt harder than I'd like and drown out what little useful feedback I was getting to begin with. Funny how AC has less options (Pretty much just how strong do you want it Smile) yet it nails the feeling straight away.

I think R3E is fantastic, but you are right about their approach to FFB. It took me months to finally get it right with my Fanatec CSW V2 (to what I think its right anyway...). There should not be so many options to fiddle around! You can only expect to screw everything up, big time, before you get it eventually, right... I can recommend to go easy on the forces, specially vertical and lateral forces - have mine at 35-40% at most

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - by José Paulo Miranda - 10-15-2018, 07:17 PM