Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ?
(04-18-2018, 10:11 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  
(04-18-2018, 09:22 PM)Sebastiaan van den Heuvel Wrote:  I like the sound design, the DTM cars for example sound exactly like they do in real life. Less loud obviously but that is something thats hard to bring across in a videogame or a video.
The only thing i dont like is my setting for the FFB, somehow i cant get it setup to feel right. Tried 6 different settings and none of them felt like i wanted them to feel. Dont know if my ffb in AC is in any way shape or form realistic  but it feels great to me, really feel what the car is going to do before it actually happens. In RR i have no feeling at all.. makes racing very hard.

I have the same problem with that FFB. Been tweaking it for over a month to try and get it feeling right with no joy, leading to unexpected spins. The understeer effect seems to be either on or off, no gradient to let me know how much understeer I'm getting. Also finally decided to turn off vertical load completely because no matter how low I set it, anytime I went over a bump it would jolt harder than I'd like and drown out what little useful feedback I was getting to begin with. Funny how AC has less options (Pretty much just how strong do you want it Smile) yet it nails the feeling straight away.

I think R3E is fantastic, but you are right about their approach to FFB. It took me months to finally get it right with my Fanatec CSW V2 (to what I think its right anyway...). There should not be so many options to fiddle around! You can only expect to screw everything up, big time, before you get it eventually, right... I can recommend to go easy on the forces, specially vertical and lateral forces - have mine at 35-40% at most
and what do you guys thing about RR compared to Assetto? ....I have some car/tracks but last time i tested i thought it was a bit inferior...do you think that has changed, really? D
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx
(06-27-2019, 07:41 AM)Daniel Escudero Wrote:  and what do you guys thing about RR compared to Assetto? ....I have some car/tracks but last time i tested i thought it was a bit inferior...do you think that has changed, really? D

If you're asking "has something changed in the last months?" then the answer is defenetely yes: all the most recently released and most recently reworked cars have an updated tire model (the most noticeable thing is the adjustable tire pressure, but more has been done to it, at least that's what I feel from the game) and the old cars that got updated also got some general physics tweaks...
Now, if you ask my personal opinion as some sort of R3E fan, that for some reasons was never able to enjoy AC but really likes how cars drive in ACC (when it runs), just to give you a couple of references, I can tell you that I like these new "creatures" from Sector3 so much, that I almost cannot enjoy cars running on old physics and old tires anymore... and that sadly (still) includes all the most popular cars in the game: GTR3, all DTM cars, all Touring cars...
Good thing is you don't need to trust me: the Formula Raceroom Junior was made free for all at the end of last year, and in that occasion received the latest physics and tire model updates, so that is a quite good preview about how new cars in R3E feel... other old cars that have already been updated (and you might happen to own) are the GTR2 and the Cayman Trophy from the current SRS season, and the 911 GT3 Cup from the previous one... I might be forgetting some, but those are the cars I personally recently checked... and if during the summer sale you want to get something new, then the GTR4, Group C and the Carrera Cup from the current and last seasons are all great cars... also the brand new Formula 90 should be awesome, especially if you like that era of F1 (I still haven't tried that, but I'm most likely going to get it with this sale)
Another cool feature recently added is that during the free Test Drive, you can now adjust the setup (before you could run only the default setup) so you can really get a complete idea of what you're going to buy and how is it going to perform with different values... pretty useful when deciding wich car of a new class you should get (if you got limited budget) or to try by yourself if some of the cars I mentioned fit your likings...
(06-27-2019, 05:15 PM)Lorenzo Andalò Wrote:  
(06-27-2019, 07:41 AM)Daniel Escudero Wrote:  and what do you guys thing about RR compared to Assetto? ....I have some car/tracks but last time i tested i thought it was a bit inferior...do you think that has changed, really? D

If you're asking "has something changed in the last months?" then the answer is defenetely yes: all the most recently released and most recently reworked cars have an updated tire model (the most noticeable thing is the adjustable tire pressure, but more has been done to it, at least that's what I feel from the game) and the old cars that got updated also got some general physics tweaks...
Now, if you ask my personal opinion as some sort of R3E fan, that for some reasons was never able to enjoy AC but really likes how cars drive in ACC (when it runs), just to give you a couple of references, I can tell you that I like these new "creatures" from Sector3 so much, that I almost cannot enjoy cars running on old physics and old tires anymore... and that sadly (still) includes all the most popular cars in the game: GTR3, all DTM cars, all Touring cars...
Good thing is you don't need to trust me: the Formula Raceroom Junior was made free for all at the end of last year, and in that occasion received the latest physics and tire model updates, so that is a quite good preview about how new cars in R3E feel... other old cars that have already been updated (and you might happen to own) are the GTR2 and the Cayman Trophy from the current SRS season, and the 911 GT3 Cup from the previous one... I might be forgetting some, but those are the cars I personally recently checked... and if during the summer sale you want to get something new, then the GTR4, Group C and the Carrera Cup from the current and last seasons are all great cars... also the brand new Formula 90 should be awesome, especially if you like that era of F1 (I still haven't tried that, but I'm most likely going to get it with this sale)
Another cool feature recently added is that during the free Test Drive, you can now adjust the setup (before you could run only the default setup) so you can really get a complete idea of what you're going to buy and how is it going to perform with different values... pretty useful when deciding wich car of a new class you should get (if you got limited budget) or to try by yourself if some of the cars I mentioned fit your likings...

Thank you by your sincere and detailed answer and RR review.

May be i should try it again , sometimes i see some RR combos on SRS that are interesting!
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx