Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sim Racing affecting real life driving
Did sim racing ever affect how you behaved in traffic?

When I was struggling with the usual "everyone keeps crashing me" phase I once didn't dare to slow down in traffic to turn into a parking spot, because I was afraid that the car behind me would hit me.

And the second time I was on the highway doing 150 km/h or what when the cars in front of me needed to brake quite hard. While braking as well I kept as little space to the car in front as possible "to give the cars behind space".

The second one could have ended quite bad – good thing I got over this "the others always keep crashing me" thing, haha Big Grin

And then there's of course the more fun stuff like learning how to heel&toe
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
It certainly helps with reaction times and noticing idiots on the road lol
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Yes that s true

My wife is barking at me .....she often says

Stephan we are here not at your Playstation...this is real life and damage

so i told her ----right but there is enough Space and i always brake with the left leg so what ?

Space???? What Space ...only 5 Meters? That s not enough space......

Slow down ...5 Meters are 4 meters to react an overtake!

102 points are 102 points !

???? What do you mean ?

ääähhhhhhh--------------------------------
-------------------www.zoiscomic.de----------------------
I skew the other way. When I'm in my real car I can typically count 2 seconds behind the car in front of me at all times, I constantly let people into my lane ahead of me before lights, and put it into neutral when coming to a stop rather than downshift and engine brake. I think I'm over (under?) compensating specifically because I don't want to do anything dangerous with even worse drivers all around me than those I race with online. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I can't say about everyday driving because I don't own a car currently, but I'm pretty sure Grand Prix Legends saved me a trip to the hospital (or worse) back in the days. I had to do an emergency braking on the highway in a Peugeot 205 diesel (heavy in the front, veeeery light in the back), and without GPL, I don't think I would have realised that the wheels had locked and I wouldn't have known instantly what to do. That was actually the standard braking in GPL : lock and lift off Smile
Off course its true....in terms of reaction time and what to do in a "losing the car" situation... Also you have more perspective about the fisics of the cars and all the surroundings.
Once i had the change to drive 2 super cars in Portimão Circuit and knowing all the braking points and the best lines made all the diference.