Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downshift Protection Question
(02-28-2018, 06:02 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I want to say the quality setting has an effect on how accurate other drivers elsewhere on the track from your car are. I leave mine on high quality, and the only cars that look a bit erratic are those that have questionable connections to the server in the first place. In a lot of cases, apps are only going to show information for YOUR car, even if you are in the POV of another driver. I've only recently noticed that Helicorsa and Car Radar both actually work on the car you are spectating (which didn't used to be the case?).

All that said, I typically glean a number of tips and tricks from faster drivers via replays, even if it isn't a perfect representation of what they are doing.

I loved to see replays on iRacing too,learned a lot of new track braking points etc doing this, but how we can download or see replays here on assetto corsa with some telemetry etc.. like on iRacing?
Just a heads up: Your own replays of other cars are delayed. If they have 40ms ping, then they might appear to brake later etc. Also the downshifts etc are not that accurate when spectating others because of both amount of data delivered to you and ping delay.

I'm not aware of anybody cheating in AC, as downshift-protection override would be.
(03-09-2018, 08:30 AM)Stein Waage Wrote:  Just a heads up: Your own replays of other cars are delayed. If they have 40ms ping, then they might appear to brake later etc. Also the downshifts etc are not that accurate when spectating others because of both amount of data delivered to you and ping delay.

I'm not aware of anybody cheating in AC, as downshift-protection override would be.

As i suspected..THX for that confirmation about replays not being totally accurate.