Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan 191 @ Okayama
I got a 01:15:600 with D tires.

It's very differential-based, suddenly releasing the throttle mid-corner will make you spin out. Also, don't even think about getting your wheels over the curbs on corner exits, the ride height just is too low for that.

edit: Seems like the setup works for Monza as well (with longer transmission and reduced downforce). I just got 4th in Qualifying and 2nd in the race.

Attached Files
.zip   mesiginer_okayama.zip (Size: 544 bytes / Downloads: 13)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks, I'll have to try it. It does look like the Jordan series has disappeared from SRS, is it finished? I loved the track+car combo.
It's still there. Races are only on friday, saturday and sunday though.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks.
(02-25-2018, 05:23 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I got a 01:15:600 with D tires.

It's very differential-based, suddenly releasing the throttle mid-corner will make you spin out. Also, don't even think about getting your wheels over the curbs on corner exits, the ride height just is too low for that.
Hello, im new to SRS and have had two races so far. Simon, is that zip file a setup file ? Practicing with the jordan and trying to build a decent setup. The jordan seems to have a low downforce feel to it. Can you offer some suggestions ?
Thanks
Jose
Yes, I think as well that it has rather low downforce.

That's why I setup my setup (haha) around the differential. I practically coast through the corners with the help of the differential locking up and releasing again. I use the throttle to control the differential instead of using it for acceleration. So I more or less let the car oversteer on purpose a tiny bit by releasing the throttle (gently) and make it stop sliding by applying the throttle again.

From what I heard Schumacher drove with a similar technique, so I can't be all wrong ;-)

To use my setup you have to unzip it and put into your Windows user folder > Documents > Assetto Corsa > Setups
(03-02-2018, 09:30 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Yes, I think as well that it has rather low downforce.

That's why I setup my setup (haha) around the differential. I practically coast through the corners with the help of the differential locking up and releasing again. I use the throttle to control the differential instead of using it for acceleration. So I more or less let the car oversteer on purpose a tiny bit by releasing the throttle (gently) and make it stop sliding by applying the throttle again.

From what I heard Schumacher drove with a similar technique, so I can't be all wrong ;-)

To use my setup you have to unzip it and put into your Windows user folder > Documents >
Assetto Corsa > Setups

Thanks Simon