Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers Practice
Recently I've trying to have some races with this system in Assetto Corsa and I realized that there is a bunch of people that just get in the server without practicing, I understand this fact based on two main reasons:
  • People does not care about racing and practicing a combo, which makes that the people that does want to race suffer from accident due to people not knowing braking points, distances, nor even the track, making a lot of us really dissapointed with them, not with the system.
  • There is not enough time to practice during official sessions, which makes that during first laps there is always a lot of incidents.
My suggestion is: Is it possible to keep setting an hour for an event as you already do, but open practice session 30 minuts earlier? This way, everyone could have some more idea on what they are getting into, and the ones that already know where are they can enjoy from racing people that has the same idea about racing.

Thanks,

Ian
I'd even suggest to have mandatory practice sessions. Like "Do you want to take part in this race"? This is the practice server: you need at least ten full laps.
Also, what bothered me racing Donnington RSR Asia race today, people who caused incidents during the first laps, they just disconnected and left the race later... there are people who dont know the track, they will start the race, make a lot of trouble, a lot of incidents, and then they will just leave the server. People like these should be banned for some time, they should have been told what they did wrong and then they will come back after the ban is over and hopefully they will get better. I know that there is the protest form for this, but more people should fill the protest form if they see this, I am not going to waste 1hr of time just looking at the replay, recording and filling up the protest form

(02-25-2018, 04:55 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  I'd even suggest to have mandatory practice sessions. Like "Do you want to take part in this race"? This is the practice server: you need at least ten full laps.

Sounds like a good idea as well!
NEVER GIVE UP!
Yes, i was about to write that after the first Jordan 1991 race at Imola (even every Porsche 935 had the same problem, but that start was something incredibile)

see why i say it's incredible.

https://youtu.be/Zevh5gM5KGE?t=11m21s

in the first minute there are no camera angles without incidents

i even would had to do my first report ever to Batkin (he used me as Brake at Tosa like Volkov to Harri Blom) but OBS record only like 1frame/10 second with my pc ahahah

and as Marek wrote, the "punters" after the punt they just leave, Batkin after that incident left the race..
(02-25-2018, 06:08 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  see why i say it's incredible.

https://youtu.be/Zevh5gM5KGE?t=11m21s

in the first minute there are no camera angles without incidents
I must say, this firts lap is something of a jewel, a new benchmark.
Hehehe, I saw that broadcast. It was really a record, although I've seen other great melees with that car too. Seems amazingly hard to drive. I haven't tried it though.

And for the first lap crashers and disconnecters... I really hate that. Do my qualifying, start carefully... then get punted and sent to the back of the pack. Guy disconnects. What the heck?
they aren't very hard to drive on track, if you stay with a gear higher than normal and don't go on throttle on the curbs.

it's just about some factors: open wheeler (from F4 to F1 always a disaster) no TC, over 1hp/kg, AND if you flat shift first to second the car spin, that's make the starts a huge disaster.
(02-25-2018, 07:08 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Hehehe, I saw that broadcast. It was really a record, although I've seen other great melees with that car too. Seems amazingly hard to drive. I haven't tried it though.

And for the first lap crashers and disconnecters... I really hate that. Do my qualifying, start carefully... then get punted and sent to the back of the pack. Guy disconnects. What the heck?

There for sure should be some system where the innocent guys could get their incidents removed, when some bad driver is just crashing everyone around..
NEVER GIVE UP!
Awww, this is embarassing,   Sad    Blush

I stand before you, guilty, as charged. I accept full responsibility for having some part to play in that painfully memorable start. The 'lead welly' is not the recommended footwear while driving that car.

Thankfully, I quickly re-composed myself and was able to pick my way through the absolute carnage that lay in front of me as I noticed many others were also sporting the same, totally unsuitable footwear. Once again, so sorry about that, Will.

Please be lenient with me...
Happened to me as well last season at my first and only F2004 race … I was just glad that I wasn't the only one of who messed up.

Every now and then everyone is "that guy".
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020