Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Raceroom App Download & Instructions
if you are being kicked by ping, you are having a problem with your internet connection...

Check your connection and also malware, sometimes it affects some programs and connections.
Yeah i just found it weird that it occured right after changing some settings to get srs running again so i was wondering if those things could be connected
Other than checking how good my wifi signal is (always pretty good when i check) i dont know how to check connection or for malware..
wi-fi is a no go for online gaming...that would explain the ping issue.
While it may cause isses running the app, it doesn't explain it 100%.

If you can't connect an ethernet cable, you should buy a powerline device (internet by electricity).

As for malware, start with a full scan with windows defender and then a free software like spybot.
I know wifi isnt great thats why i bought an ethernet cable a couple months ago. However after an hour or two of playing i would suddenly lose connection and had to switch back to wifi. Not wanting to risk that loss of connection in an srs race for example im back to wifi only.
Thanks ill see how the scan with windows defender goes
The issue is on your side.

(11-17-2018, 10:11 AM)Nico Kunze Wrote:  I ...However after an hour or two of playing i would suddenly lose connection and had to switch back to wifi. Not wanting to risk that loss of connection in an srs race for example im back to wifi only...
Yeah i know that issue is on my side but since i dont know how to solve it i went back to using wifi which hasnt caused me any trouble except for the 2 srs races this week. Never encountered issues in "normal" multiplayer races.
Btw ran the windows defender scan but everything was fine there..
Well now im back at not even being able to open srs :/
Perhaps you should contact your internet provider.
having better performances on wireless than on cable is weird to say the least.
Well outright performance might not be better but i have less troubles with it. Tried with the cable again on sunday/monday and didnt have problems this time but i still dont trust it completely. But if i cant open srs all of this doesnt really matter that much anyways.
Tried it with the cable again and lost connection with 30 seconds to go in qualifying. Guess ill have to pass on srs for a while (except for one successful gt3 race for each of the coming 3 weeks)