Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie Break Criteria
(02-25-2018, 12:54 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  In my opinion Allesandro should be in front, he had 6 Races, 6 Wins, flawless. 100%
Stefano had 10 Races, won 6 , 1 second Place and messed up 3 Races.

Just my 2 Cents

Yeah I would be for this idea too.. less tries with same wins = better position
NEVER GIVE UP!
(02-25-2018, 12:54 PM)Matthias Rudolph Wrote:  In my opinion Allesandro should be in front, he had 6 Races, 6 Wins, flawless. 100%
Stefano had 10 Races, won 6 , 1 second Place and messed up 3 Races.

Just my 2 Cents

Exactly, i think the same...There is no sense be second at a race if you can win...
for me too, anyway at the end who is faster win, Alessandro or Marek will win, they are faster than me, like the last season with the Evora, Alessandro won it and i come second even if i did more races.

this is a reason why some time ago i wrote some posts about a "special event" where the first 23 of the standing battle together, because rarely who is in the firsts positions of the standing do races together, i had few races with Marek (2 poles each, with always second place to the other and 2 wins at 0 for Marek Big Grin and something happened at Monza Big Grin ) but never raced with Alessandro..
I never met Alessandro as well, he probably doesnt live in Europe I guess as he is racing in the night european time Smile that special event would be good, but I dont think that those people would come at once anyway. Another thing is, that someone races at (for example) 11am, when there are only few drivers, and someone can race only at 7pm and later, when there are a lot of other people, and competetive people, and its much harder to win in that time
NEVER GIVE UP!
I've been able to steal a couple of 102 races in my time here at SRS, and I'm not even remotely the fastest here. You just have to be fastest on the server at any particular time. And in both of my cases it was 10 or less people on the server.

Seems the algorithm favors those that race more. Of course that goes back to the whole "best of five, or average of 6+" thing that has been discussed a few times on here. It favors those who race more, but not TOO much.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
of course not 100% will partecipate, but for sure that race will be a very close race and not 1 or 2 fast and X slow like normal races, because only the fastest can join.

it's better than a rating division, because even who has a good rating isn't fast with every car, and there are very fast guys with a single car but they have a very low rating because they race few races.

and as i wrote in the original post, it's good even for who isn't the fastest, because there can be 2 or 3 servers, so even who isn't the fastest can race with drivers that have a similar pace
I'd say SP should be changed to average position.

With SP, every race you attend makes it worse. But with an average position, you always have the change to improve that rating.

It might improve participation.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
So, can they fix?
(02-27-2018, 12:09 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I'd say SP should be changed to average position.

With SP, every race you attend makes it worse. But with an average position, you always have the change to improve that rating.

It might improve participation.

I think, that most of the people doesnt race here for the championships anyway. So I dont think that participation would increase after that
NEVER GIVE UP!
Its a compromise, the 5 race limit before averaging gives some advantage to drivers who race less, tie-brake factors favour those who win or get more podiums.
Sum of positions is the last parameter, probably won't even be used or used only a few times.