Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Content Manager and wheel settings
This may be a bit long because there's so many, many factors involved. I'll try to explain as I feel there are many Sim Racers that are not up to speed (including myself) because of settings possibly. After 1 year of racing @ SRS in AC, I have noticed some things. I started out using a preset for theT300/ T500 even tho i am using a T150, some cars would turn, some wouldn't, so i had to keep adjusting the steering sensitivity in Options for different cars. I mean just a couple clicks out of 100 would make a BIG difference in turning. Also setting the steering ratio to 270 degrees out of 1080.Finally someone at Race Department worked with me and suggested I do the manual wizard and let it decide what ratio to use. Well that was much better and I no longer had to adjust for each car. But it's got me wondering just how many drivers have this problem and when to KNOW what's best. There's has to be a reason all those different adjustments are in the steering setup in options. I'm not even going to include PEDALS or FFB as those are pretty simple, BRAKING being the most important setting possibly. Anyway, i recently started completely over with a new install and fresh AC folder in documents which IS your personal settings. Did the wizard, made sure everything was pretty much the same as before and it doesn't drive at all like it did, almost un driveable. The wheel did not coincide with the wheel in the game at all, no matter what i did to try to adjust. It had delay in it. Thankfully, I KNEW to SAVE my old AC documents folder which had my previous settings. I renamed the NEW folder to NEW AC and then renamed the OLD one to "Assetto Corsa" so it would only read the one folder and it worked fine, just like it was, very smooth and accurate. I tried my BEST to duplicate that same feeling in the steering with the NEW folder and I just can't do it. It drives terrible no matter what. If this can happen to me, knowing just a bit about computers, then it can happen to someone that will be VERY frustrated with a re install and a fresh settings folder in documents. Remember, I never adjusted hardly anything from default, just did the wheel and pedal wizard to determine the ratio or degrees and the difference in those two folders are night and day.  What am i doing wrong?

EDIT: the reason I'm including Content manager is, it does some weird changes to settings sometimes and can change INI's without you knowing it. It always seems to change my track conditions to DUSTY when i keep it set on OPTIMUM and I'm wondering if it is changing the steering in the INI....EDIT: Would also be my bad luck to be trying this new install on a new computer with Content Manager having an internal problem at the same time...go figure..That guy has released 7 versions and fixes to CM in 1 week, it's changing shit that it shouldn't. https://github.com/gro-ove/actools/releases Once you use CM 1 time, it can change things in the INI's permanently unless you know where they are to change them back, even if you choose NOT to use CM, it will still keep the changes in the standard UI. FKKK!!!