Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online race on Estoril?
I really hope that there might be online races on Estoril soon. That track is really fun to drive.
Anyone who knows?
I agree, great track. I would love to have some of the series race there and I am surprised it hasn't been used already considering it's a Portuguese track.

As far as I was aware the best AC version was scratch made, but I could be wrong....
We don't use ripped content.
I love track. It was one of my favourites to drive back in GP2 last century... I get the track is ripped and thus unusable for SRS. Although kind of sad, I support SRS's policy.
i don't like Estoril, i hated it when i played GTR2 (maybe because i played it with a keyboard)

i liked Slovakia Ring in RRE when i did WTCC Esport, but i don't know if the mod for AC is compatible with SRS rules and in a video it looks different than the RRE version, and for different i mean worse.
Thumbs Down 
(02-08-2018, 03:44 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  We don't use ripped content.

Rather than just being so know it all and blunt, give some context. Something like "That track was converted and refurbished from another sim therefore we cannot use it". 

It really would be a lot more kind if you said that to people's suggestions who don't actually know every exact detail about the track they suggest.
Estoril was one of my favourite tracks in R07, always had good races on it.
Ross, remember English is not his native language. When you've had to say the same thing time and again about ripped content, it gets more difficult to be polite about it, especially in a language which has a dozen ways of saying the same thing.
Personally I wouldn't be racing on SRS if they did use ripped content and they wouldn't be around for long if they did.
(02-08-2018, 04:55 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  i don't like Estoril, i hated it when i played GTR2 (maybe because i played it with a keyboard)

i liked Slovakia Ring in RRE when i did WTCC Esport, but i don't know if the mod for AC is compatible with SRS rules and in a video it looks different than the RRE version, and for different i mean worse.

Slovakia Ring eyyyyy
NEVER GIVE UP!
OK, I didn’t know that Estoril was ripped, I just downloaded the track
from one of these websites, (don’t remember which one). I fully support that policy!
I fully understand that ripped content is something of a problem and cannot be used. I respect that. 

What I think is crazy, is this situation... (Might be a touch off-topic of Estoril, but it does apply) The current version of Suzuka used by SRS is (to put it politely) a bit lack-luster and unrefined. So on that note... even if a track is not ripped and legal to use, I think these tracks should be vetted or tested and check out a little more than what it seems they are. The SIMPIT series used this version of Suzuka in one of the first rounds of the McLaren Series we're finishing up right now. At one place in the track, there is a hole you can drive into and fall into no-man's land. This I think was a problem for results in one of the lower splits if I remember correctly. I think a driver fell in and then the server was glitched which made the results no show up. 

All I'm saying is... Even if the track is a NEAT and Desirable track that is popular and legal... it should meet a certain higher standard for online competition and scoring.

I'll finish with this. Thanks for the great service. This is FREE and it fills a void that I could be dumping TONS of money into. Thanks for providing this service and giving us consistent competitive online racing. No matter the system, flaws will be found. Thanks for giving us a forum to voice our opinions on and give feedback.

Keep up the great work. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANKS AGAIN !!!
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool