Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallara F3 - Dutch Takeover
I'm sure one day I'll be home for one of these races where Jaap isn't signed up  xD
Can't give you anything of a race since I'm in control of the car about 5% of the time when driving it. I'm sure I'll work it out eventually. The tyres seem to always go past their optimum of heat/pressure at any track with a couple of fast turns in succession and I just start drifting and losing either time or my virtual driver's life Huh .
(btw, contgrats on #1 SRS Driver).
Hi Ross,

Thanks mate - I was looking forward to race you on Friday evening, but noticed you jumped out. Why not go for it, I'm human too and make mistakes when being put under pressure. Competition is only good.

Winning is great, but's not only about winning. The most rewarding race I had this season was the one at Okayama where Martijn and me had our incident on turn 1, we both got deep into the gravel and I had to recover from 18th place. I chased like a madman and managed to finish in 4th at the finish without incidents with others during the course of the race. That was intense Smile

Hope to see you on-track soon, Ross. Don't worry about the stats too much and just race and enjoy!
Quote:I was looking forward to race you on Friday evening, but noticed you jumped out

Ha, I let you by one time too in a race because that's just the most logical thing for me.
But I'll try to put up a fight next time you end up behind me ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
True Jaap,

I would have raced but with no practice and little confidence with the car I didn't want to try and race you lap 1 and kill us both xD

I'll do more testing and hopefully I can get something out of the F3. You guys have A LOT of laps with the car so I am a bit behind! I've probably done less than 200 laps total with the car and if I look at RSR, you and Martijn have like 300 laps at all the popular tracks.

You should come and drive another series as well, F3 seems a bit easy for you! Tongue
I competed in the just-finished Tatuus season as well Wink
That very different car of course Tongue

I am more of a tin-top, closed wheel driver. Never really succeeded in open-wheel cars. I think the Aero part of it throws me a little bit.
I can almost get along with the Tatuus, but anything faster/more aero influenced I struggle in.

Thinking about it, all the series I have entered in the last couple of years on AC and iRacing have nothing to do with Formula cars Big Grin (Porsche Cup, Kia Optima, GT3 cars, RX Cars, BMW M235) No Formula!
Open wheel cars are my cup of tea. I prefer the lower powered Formula cars, mainly because they work better in simulators because you don't notice the lack of G-forces.

I also enjoy racing the older Formula 1 cars. We raced the old Ferrari 312T's here at SRS and the Lotus Exos is one of my favorites as well: a proper racecar: lots of power, aero and limited electronics Big Grin

Together with Martijn we also did some GT3 races. I actually liked the Mclaren 650S GT3 a lot, even though it has a roof Smile