Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
program not responding
hi have been using srs fine for a few months now but since yesterday every time I log in through content manager the screen freezes and I get program not responding.if I wait ages I get a message script has caused webpage to slow.I have deleted my docs launchdata deleted cache no anti virus and reinstalled srs software but it still freezes on the home screen.
Does it freeze if you DON'T use Content Manager? Try the Launcher without CM, if it works then you know it's not the game and the problem is with CM data most likely.
have tried but it wont load past populating favorites.think because i must have too many mods installed.
Just in case it can be of any help:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1454
(02-02-2018, 03:38 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Just in case it can be of any help:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1454

thanks have tried all that advice and also a different browser but still get a program not responding.its strange if I wait a few minutes I get the message "script has stopped working and caused web browser to slow".it was working fine last week and have not installed any new software or antivirus running.
still cant get this to work.i have noticed that i no longer have the race/standings ect tabs along the top of the screen that used to be there.
I know it's time consuming, but  you can rename the my documents AC folder to "AC old" then restart the game and it will write a new one that is active and fresh...this is all your personal settings....then you can add old folders 1 at a time to see which one is the problem or just leave it like that and redo all you settings again. Then if you want to revert back to the old one, just rename the new one NEW and rename the old one back to "Assetto Corsa". either the problem is in that folder or the install folder. Eliminate Content manager as a problem for now...get the game working by itself, then use CM.
(02-07-2018, 01:53 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  I know it's time consuming, but  you can rename the my documents AC folder to "AC old" then restart the game and it will write a new one that is active and fresh...this is all your personal settings....then you can add old folders 1 at a time to see which one is the problem or just leave it like that and redo all you settings again. Then if you want to revert back to the old one, just rename the new one NEW and rename the old one back to "Assetto Corsa". either the problem is in that folder or the install folder. Eliminate  Content manager as a problem for now...get the game working by itself, then use CM.

thanks have just loaded up after deleating my docs folder but still wont work.ive also deleated most of the mods to use standard assetto launcher and still gets stuck.it seems to be somthing related with the website script error message.would i be best to uninstall firefox and chrome and just use explorer?.i hope i get srs working again soon i really miss the great competition.
so you're thinking it's related to your default browser......hmmmm...worth a try, just change your default browser to whichever you choose. Also, see if you have a system restore point back to that earlier time when it did work.
still not working after reinstall.i no longer have the ui tabs across the top of the screen.
dont know what else to try.