Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi fellow simracers
Hi, my name is Bram Harmsen I'm from the city of Nijmegen in The Netherlands and I'm 33 years of age. I've been enjoying racing games since as long as I can remember. I think my first serious race game was Gran Prix 2 by Microprose back in the 90's. I have been playing simracing games on and off. After having played some games in the 90's I did not play any serious games for many years. I guess about 7-8 years ago I was introduced to rFactor and bought a simple steering wheel again, a Logitech Momo force feedback.

But only since the last 2-3 years I started to play on a regular basis  Starting with Grid Autosport (not really a sim perhaps, but it had Linux support) I moved to Project Cars and Dirt Rally and bought myself a Logitech G27. Last year I upgraded to a Thrustmaster T300 and TH8A and started modding as well. I've build a hydraulic handbrake for rally and drifting and I'm working on a custom wheel, button box, load cell brake (almost done) and real BMW SMG sequestial shifter for example. I also bought a third screen for my triple screen setup (3 x Dell 2412). At present I mostly play Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

I recently started playing more online games and found out about Minorating. This was an improvement to the non Minorating servers in Assetto Corsa. While googling and watching Youtube I heard about simracingsystem.com.

Looking forward to have some fair battles on track and improve my skills. By the way I usually play somewhere between 6pm and 11 pm UTC+1 and in the weekends.
Welcome!
Hi Bram - nice to see you and share the track for the first time with you this evening!

Welcome to SRS! Are you really building your own wheel and load cell brake :O

PS: I'm 37 and started out with the Crammond sims, too (GP1 in my case, but then also GP2, GP3 and GP4 Big Grin)
(02-08-2018, 11:21 PM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  Hi Bram - nice to see you and share the track for the first time with you this evening!

Welcome to SRS! Are you really building your own wheel and load cell brake :O

PS: I'm 37 and started out with the Crammond sims, too (GP1 in my case, but then also GP2, GP3 and GP4 Big Grin)

Hi Jaap, nice to race against youSmile. The first couple laps where good! My main problem with the races at present is too keep my nerves under control. Racing against AI or hotlapping is fine. But when it really counts I become so nervous that I make way too many mistakes. I should be able to run 10-20 laps between 1:23.8 and 1:24.2 (F3 at Donington) with perhaps a couple quicker ones. But today I got into the 1:25, which normally never happens. I hope to improve on this, we will see.

After I lost some time, something really strange happened. The game lagged big time and next thing I know my rear wing was damaged/red (and I got an incident point). Had a look at the replay and many strange things happened, many cars off track, cars through the air and one hitting me after going through a concrete barrier.

Anyway, I finished my G25 pedals load cell mod last weekend. The brake input is now measured by a 20 kg load cell. I reduced the stroke of the pedal by using a 3 cm rubber bus and added some preload to the spring. I quit like it I think, my fastest times in F3 are with this brake. But I only have been racing F3 1-2 weeks now.