Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should SRS save replays for each race (including all splits, if applicable)?
Having had issues with AC not saving all of the replays from a given race (and I've noticed a couple of other people have been having issues as well), I'm wondering what other's thoughts are in regards to SRS perhaps setting up a system where the replay(s) for each race (and all of the splits of those races if applicable) are saved on a server for a given amount of time.

At first I was thinking 48 hours (the limit for submitting protests) would be a good starting point, but I can imagine that might be unrealistic: if there are 34 races per day (both AC and AMS), each taking roughly 600 MB (including qualifying), you can do the math (it's roughly 20.5 GB per day, or 41 GB per 48 hours).

Maybe a more reasonable expectation would be to store 12 hours worth of replays. This should give people plenty of time to look at the footage, record the relevant snippet (or the whole race if they so wish), upload it, and submit the protest form (if applicable).

What are everyone's thoughts?
Seems like a post for the suggestion box. Also seems like folks should set up AC to record replays locally so SRS doesn't have to automate yet another thing. I initially had some issues since AC has a horrible UI for figuring out what is what and where, but now that I use Content Manager and just made my replay setup look like the following, I haven't had a single issue getting to any replays I need.

[Image: 66uBldX.png]
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yes.

Content Manager already does that anyways.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I never tried content manager, I was about to but my SSD suddenly died on me 3 weeks ago... I basically have to rebuild my system since I was gonna replace a part anyways. To the topic, AC itself does the same thing. I don't have a screenshot but it looks almost identical from the image above. Even the max size 1000mb. Anyways, answering the OP, I also say yes... Whatta race I had 2 races ago. I wish I had proper replay to see who's wrong or whatever. It's all lost now. I also wish to have replay while I am at the pits with a ruined car so I can just fire up OBS and record the replay during a live race... Something to post in AC forums I guess...
I use autosave from assetto itself and it works great set like this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
(01-27-2018, 09:00 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  I never tried content manager, I was about to but my SSD suddenly died on me 3 weeks ago... I basically have to rebuild my system since I was gonna replace a part anyways. To the topic, AC itself does the same thing. I don't have a screenshot but it looks almost identical from the image above. Even the max size 1000mb. Anyways, answering the OP, I also say yes... Whatta race I had 2 races ago. I wish I had proper replay to see who's wrong or whatever. It's all lost now. I also wish to have replay while I am at the pits with a ruined car so I can just fire up OBS and record the replay during a live race... Something to post in AC forums I guess...

Content Manager is only doing things to AC that AC lets it do, so yeah... the replay settings are available in AC just like they are in CM. My point was that 1) I think AC's UI is garbage and 2) I could quickly take a tutorial screenshot in CM because it opens so fast.

Just to be clear: Anyone can set up automatic replays in Assetto Corsa, whether you are using Assetto Corsa only, or use a launcher application like Content Manager. The point is: everyone should do this. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Well, forgot to say that I was gonna get CM anyways... Just hustling right now to get all my old stuff reinstalled. Never against anything that is better ofcourse...

Regardless of which UI, I think the server/admin themselves need to have a copy of any race replay? I don't really know if that makes sense, that's tons of terabytes (in the long run) to be saved. I listen to myself now and feel like I am asking too much if I force that issue here. I really think AC themselves should improve the replay option on their SIM. Which is only possible if I wear a mask over my name and ask this in the AC forums and force the issue there, and have people agree with me.

In iRacing, you can view replays anytime you stop, regardless if you are practicing alone, on a private or public server, live broadcast or not. But that's not SRS problem. Like I said, should be in the AC forums...
The issue I'm talking about is that after a particular race, AC only gave me 2 replays to choose from (both of which I saved), but there was a chunk of the race missing, in a replay that apparently didn't exist. Even if I had set AC to automatically save my replays, it still would not have saved the one that's missing because it was never available in the first place.

This is the issue that I'm suggesting could be remediated by having server-side copies of each race for a set amount of time, available publicly (as in available to anyone who is logged in on SRS).

On another note, CM looks pretty awesome. I downloaded it and had a play and it looks like it has potential. The ability to set in-game settings like controls and such would be nice to have (is apparently on the Trello board, slated for implementation later on though).
(01-28-2018, 05:47 AM)Ronan Thomson Wrote:  The issue I'm talking about is that after a particular race, AC only gave me 2 replays to choose from (both of which I saved), but there was a chunk of the race missing, in a replay that apparently didn't exist. Even if I had set AC to automatically save my replays, it still would not have saved the one that's missing because it was never available in the first place.

This is the issue that I'm suggesting could be remediated by having server-side copies of each race for a set amount of time, available publicly (as in available to anyone who is logged in on SRS).

On another note, CM looks pretty awesome. I downloaded it and had a play and it looks like it has potential. The ability to set in-game settings like controls and such would be nice to have (is apparently on the Trello board, slated for implementation later on though).

You must set the maximum of MB for the rep in the options.
I have it to 500mb I think and its saves practice, qualy and the entire race (40 min or so total). Set it to 1000mb and it will save everything.

I don´t think its SRS job to save the reps, it doesn´t make sense IMO (apart from the storage cost that it requires).
Server does not store replays i'm afraid.