Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking Stats (For Fun)
I'm sure this has appeared before, but for those who are interested in more reflective stats and their Rankings compared to other guys out there, this is kinda fun.
Obviously SRS Ranking can be largely affected by the number of races you complete, as there is not usually any penalty in Rating so long as you finish the race in any position without many incidents. 
So if you don't feel like waiting for yourself to complete 150 races to find out where you stack up against the tops guys, you can just take the stats of your percentages and make a comparison ((Win + Top3 + Top10) / Total Races). I would say once you have done 20 races you can get an idea of your score. 300 is the best score possible, and yes there is at least two drivers with 20+ races that have scored 300!!

So looking at the Top 10 Ranked currently:             
  1. Diogo Lopes                                                                    
  2. Jaap Wagenvoort
  3. Marek Vons
  4. Martijn van t Land
  5. Jorge Vidal
  6. Javier Malonda
  7. Vitaliy Ponomarev
  8. Dmitry Osovsky
  9. Robert Viedbeck
  10. Gavin Ranson
With (%) Rankings imposed that becomes:
  1. Jaap Wagenvoort (272) 
  2. Dmitry Osovsky (268) 
  3. Vitaliy Ponomarev (240)
  4. Marek Vons (227)
  5. Diogo Lopes (226)
  6. Robert Viedbeck (200)
  7. Martijn van t Land (199)
  8. Jorge Vidal (192)
  9. Gavin Ranson (191)
  10. Javier Malonda (157)
This obviously excludes incident averages which is a determining factor in Rating and therefore Ranking. But you can just assume for yourself that you are a clean driver  Rolleyes  It is a 'Success Rating' and not an overall 'Driver Rating'. If someone wants to get a good real ranking they've just got to grind it out and drive safe. Even if you are a really great driver starting new, it will take at least 70 races to reach the Top 10 Road.

Just some slightly interesting stuff to maybe give guys an idea of how far up those Ranking tables they can get if they just keep racing a lot!
Intresting,

It is not clear to me what this index is indicating, but with this math I got 0.99 as result, assuming i am doing it right.
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
Yeah, then 99 is your score.
The rating here is a raw number for success or how fast a driver might be. If you imagine you score 300 points for winning a race, 200 for a Top 3, and 100 for a Top 10, the number you score here is your average score per race out of 300. It is really affected by Top 3 and Wins though. Getting a DNF or not being in the Top 10 can lose a lot of points looking at this sort of Rating. For example, I haven't raced a lot of races and it would take me 7 straight wins to gain '6 points', but one DNF would lose me '10 points'...

The idea is it shows how successful you have been compared to other drivers who might be higher ranked than you, but largely because they have completed a lot of races.
(01-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Ross Macfarlane Wrote:  Yeah, then 99 is your score.
The rating here is a raw number for success or how fast a driver might be. If you imagine you score 300 points for winning a race, 200 for a Top 3, and 100 for a Top 10, the number you score here is your average score per race out of 300. It is really affected by Top 3 and Wins though. Getting a DNF or not being in the Top 10 can lose a lot of points looking at this sort of Rating. For example, I haven't raced a lot of races and it would take me 7 straight wins to gain '6 points', but one DNF would lose me '10 points'...

The idea is it shows how successful you have been compared to other drivers who might be higher ranked than you, but largely because they have completed a lot of races.

How do you rule out the fact that there may have only been 6-7 drivers in the races that you won or took a top 3/top 10 ?
You don't. If you've finished the race then you've done fine to score those points. I couldn't say what the average number of participants in a race is, but I imagine it is probably around 11-12.
You could take it one step back and only factor in Top 3 and Wins to get a sort of elite number.