Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MX5 race this evening
Pretty chuffed with my boy's result in the 1900 Mx5 race,   Qualified 10th in server 1, a silly mistake that put him on the grass on the first lap which left him in last place to grapple back to finish 13th,   A personal best lap time of 1.38.9 as well.
Good clean racing from the guys mid field too
One happy 8 year old
Thanks
Dave
Very good improvements by James, awesome to see something like this in sim racing, such a young man competing with others
NEVER GIVE UP!
Well done, wee man! Keep it going. Smile

JimG....
Incredibly impressive.

My brother is 7 and not really capable of keeping a slot car on track, haha. And when I think how stupid I still was when I started karting with 11 …
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Great job! I saw him in P10 at the starting grid and was gladly surprised. I lost track of him later, but I know I didn't lap him. I made a couple of silly mistakes myself too, but that's part of the learning.

Keep it going! It is a pleasure for me to have him on track.

Regards,

Javier
Thanks goys,
In all honesty you guys have been so welcoming
It's been tough to find a series that will have open arms for such a young driver with unknown ability and I thanks every one for the hospitality we have received
Dave
James and I got shunted to the back of the grid right off the bat and that often causes a level of frustration that must be managed to avoid compounding the situation but he handled it very well. He passed me on the first lap, courtesy of a his 1 sec/lap better lap time! I was in mid pack with him for quite a bit and finished two spots behind, about 6 secs in arrears. I saw him handle quite a few tough situations as there were a couple of mid packers who were um aggressive to put it nicely. Anyways, I did not realize his age at the time and now that I know, I am very impressed with his composure and maturity. Well done! By the way, this sport is fun for all ages...I have 55 years on young James and I'm having a blast too.
(01-26-2018, 01:27 PM)James Bell Wrote:  Thanks goys,
In all honesty you guys have been so welcoming
It's been tough to find a series that will have open arms for such a young driver with unknown  ability  and I thanks every one for the hospitality we have received
Dave

Proud to be on his team @ TPCSimRacing  Way to go James !!!!
(01-26-2018, 03:24 PM)Don Debienne Wrote:  James and I got shunted to the back of the grid right off the bat and that often causes a level of frustration that must be managed to avoid compounding the situation but he handled it very well.  He passed me on the first lap, courtesy of a his 1 sec/lap better lap time!  I was in mid pack with him for quite a bit and finished two spots behind, about 6 secs in arrears.  I saw him handle quite a few tough situations as there were a couple of mid packers who were um aggressive to put it nicely.  Anyways, I did not realize his age at the time and now that I know, I am very impressed with his composure and maturity.  Well done!  By the way, this sport is fun for all ages...I have 55 years on young James and I'm having a blast too.

Oh good, I'm not the oldest one here. Wink

James has significantly lowered the average age around here, I would imagine.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(01-26-2018, 10:01 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(01-26-2018, 03:24 PM)Don Debienne Wrote:  James and I got shunted to the back of the grid right off the bat and that often causes a level of frustration that must be managed to avoid compounding the situation but he handled it very well.  He passed me on the first lap, courtesy of a his 1 sec/lap better lap time!  I was in mid pack with him for quite a bit and finished two spots behind, about 6 secs in arrears.  I saw him handle quite a few tough situations as there were a couple of mid packers who were um aggressive to put it nicely.  Anyways, I did not realize his age at the time and now that I know, I am very impressed with his composure and maturity.  Well done!  By the way, this sport is fun for all ages...I have 55 years on young James and I'm having a blast too.

Oh good, I'm not the oldest one here. Wink

James has significantly lowered the average age around here, I would imagine.

I'm 54, how bout you Russ (my fellow "American" Sim Racer)?