Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Championships coming to SRS!
Probably countries with less participants will not be filling a grid.
That's true. There must be a minimum of drivers.
I like the concept!

But wouldn't it be a better idea if the top x drivers of each country would race each other in different cars? Open wheel, GT's and then make sure the points are collected by country, not by individual driver. This way the drivers of the country work together in order to get the trophy to their country.

Sort of Nations Cup (or Davis Cup as we know from tennis). It would only require three to four drivers for each country and a lot of countries could participate. It would also be very interesting for people to watch on live streams as the best drivers of each country face each other in different cars Smile

Pro's of a Nations Cup:
- All countries can participate instead of just the top 3
- Only needs 3 to 4 drivers per country: the top drivers of each country are awarded a spot in the Nations team
- The drivers of the country work together to get an optimal result for their country, with the Nations Cup as ultimate goal
- The Road Racing rating can be used for the drivers selection: also provides an extra incentive for drivers to achieve an optimal rating
- Drivers are tested in different cars: a challenge for everyone
- Great for viewing in streams
- Can be arranged without too much hassle
That is also in mind but for now, just national champs.

(02-05-2018, 10:13 AM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  I like the concept!

But wouldn't it be a better idea if the top x drivers of each country would race each other in different cars? Open wheel, GT's and then make sure the points are collected by country, not by individual driver. This way the drivers of the country work together in order to get the trophy to their country.

Sort of Nations Cup (or Davis Cup as we know from tennis). It would only require three to four drivers for each country and a lot of countries could participate. It would also be very interesting for people to watch on live streams as the best drivers of each country face each other in different cars Smile

Pro's of a Nations Cup:
- Only needs 3 to 4 drivers per country: the top drivers of each country are awarded a spot in the Nations team
- The drivers of the country work together to get an optimal result for their country, with the Nations Cup as ultimate goal
- The Road Racing rating can be used for the drivers selection: also provides an extra incentive for drivers to achieve an optimal rating
(02-05-2018, 11:02 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  That is also in mind but for now, just national champs.

Pro's of a Nations Cup:
Great and no worries! I like the concept and will follow it closely Smile

Thanks for doing new innovations - we appreciate the service!
Maybe it works, if it's one time per week for every nation.
And then every week another car? Streetcars also? Wink
I bet Holland wins. Smile I think it will be pointless same as fighting for F3 Champ, when Jaap compete, lol.
But seriously, nice idea. Smile

Pro's of a Nations Cup:

I've competed for UK&Ireland in the iRacing World Cup. The way they do it is to have individual qualifiers for each country and then just a big knockout tournament with 2 driving catagories (Road/Oval) but that could just be two different cars for SRS.

Also, maybe we need to have a Simracing / Tennis tournament Big Grin.  Do you play?