Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscription
I don't think subscriptions would be a good idea at this stage. It then becomes a 'business' and subscribers will demand things as paying customers. It would be the same for a small minority of donators too if donating was an option. I'm personally not against donating, I would like to contribute to this excellent service, but having been on the other side of the fence before I can say it does have its downside and puts pressure on the owners to do things that they might not otherwise want to do, and at a pace they might not have time to do it in.
I'm guessing the owners have fulltime jobs, families, other interests etc. Making this a subscription service would mean them being at the beck and call of their customers, and I don't think enough people would pay up to allow them to make this their fulltime job.
I would like to congratulate them on managing to do all of this for free. There's been a tremendous amount of work put into it and a lot of negotiation with 3rd parties including Kunos themselves, which is no easy task.
I can only hope that the ads cover at least the costs of the servers but I somehow doubt it.

Messages In This Thread
Subscription - by Shaun Clarke - 01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Subscription - by Javier Malonda - 01-19-2018, 10:35 PM
RE: Subscription - by Tim Cullingworth - 01-19-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Subscription - by Neil de Guzman - 01-19-2018, 11:17 PM
RE: Subscription - by Gianni Gentles - 01-20-2018, 01:05 PM
RE: Subscription - by Simon Meisinger - 01-22-2018, 08:54 AM
RE: Subscription - by Almor R Sousa - 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Subscription - by Mike Waltz - 01-31-2018, 05:36 PM