Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unavailable
What does this mean when you try to sign up for a race, all others say Register
Shaun
What?
We've had it twice the other night, we rushed upstairs to register and it seems you cant register in the last 3 minutes, ours said unavailable.

So now we make sure the registration is done well in advance
Cheers, like I said on FB, never seen this before so that is why I wondered

Shaun
(01-19-2018, 08:46 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Cheers, like I said on FB, never seen this before so that is why I wondered

Shaun

It just means you have to sign up before the timer reaches 5 min...all hope is lost after that. Definitely don't hit the "please wait" button as it seems to be linked to the "quit" button even after the 5 min. mark.....if you hit the "please wait", it thinks you want to quit and there is no hope of rejoining after 5 min. JOIN usually pops up @ 2 min 30 secs left i think. To do it from Content Manager requires more skill...I have to hit RACE again after the 2.5 min mark, then hit JOIN.
Yes, as Michael pointed out, you must register before the five minute mark. Then wait until the three minute mark and then join. I don't know what happens if we click the "please wait" button; never messed with it.
Ugh... if hitting the Please Wait button does a Quit command, that seems like a bug. If the idea is to allow you to still back out of a race that you can't make in the next five minutes, the interface would probably need to warn you that quitting now will be irreversible. I think I might be really miffed if I hit Please Wait by mistake and then had to sit out of a race I prepared for with hours and hours* of practice.

*Okay... at least ONE hour?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
It's been there since day 1.
http://www.simracingsystem.com/instructions.php

(01-19-2018, 07:00 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  What does this mean when you try to sign up for a race, all others say Register
Shaun
I heard others complaining about hitting the "please wait" button, stating that it will quit the session.

I have just tried it and it works as it should. I clicked right when it shifted to "please wait" nothing, reloaded the page and clicked again, nothing...

(01-19-2018, 09:16 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(01-19-2018, 08:46 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Cheers, like I said on FB, never seen this before so that is why I wondered

Shaun

It just means you have to sign up before the timer reaches 5 min...all hope is lost after that. Definitely don't hit the "please wait" button as it seems to be linked to the "quit" button even after the 5 min. mark.....if you hit the "please wait", it thinks you want to quit and there is no hope of rejoining after 5 min. JOIN usually pops up @ 2 min 30 secs left i think. To do it from Content Manager requires more skill...I have to hit RACE again after the 2.5 min mark, then hit JOIN.
(01-19-2018, 10:37 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Yes, as Michael pointed out, you must register before the five minute mark. Then wait until the three minute mark and then join. I don't know what happens if we click the "please wait" button; never messed with it.

Here's another driver that posted recently  ........[Image: avatar_11725.jpg?dateline=1501696621]
James Underhill [Image: buddy_offline.png]
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

Threads: 2
01-10-2018, 08:04 PM  
So waiting for Gamer Muscle series, it changed from "QUIT" to "Please wait" when i wasn't looking, so i clicked it and now it's kicked me out and is "unavailable" - been waiting for it all week [Image: sad.png] Oh well, i guess i'll have to watch...wasn't massively looking forward to Thruxton anyway, just wanted some points on the board.

Is there any way to change this? So you can't "Quit" out of a race 10 minutes prior to it starting so avoid mistakes in the future? Or even have it so you're able to join up until the last second?